• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dye fuel tank

rcgasser

Did you weight the tank down for it to sit in the bottom of the pot or did you just let it float around? Looks good I think I want to try that.

TerraKill

suppose you just fill the tank with fluid aswell to weight it down? im gonna do this also im gonna try for a light blue colour i think +1

GTS 666

I used some wire to hold it down but once the tank is full of water it is almost fully submerged anyway. Then you can just turn it around every now and then.I have found that my tank has been peppered with small stones on the ends which have given it a bit of a furry feel.

G

The tanks are not too expensive. If ya start with a new one, you get the new grommet, filter and fuel lines also.

FuzzBall03

Just thought i'd share the result of my tank dying...

I "simmered" the tank for about 1.5 hrs, put the lid on and allowed it to cool for 12 hrs.

I weighed it down with 4-5 quarters.

I used red RID dye, approx 1.5 packets in pasta pot.

Back:

IMG_0693.JPG

Front:

IMG_0695.JPG

G

+1

It looks great. Looks like ya got a portable gas tank strapped down in there.

jeffp83

What type of red rit dye did you use? I looked and they have cherry red, scarlett red, etc. Thanks!

FuzzBall03

jeffp83 said:
That looks awesome! Love the red, going to do this over winter on mine :cool:
Thanks!

I was happy with it. I like the Blue/Red contrast.

Now I just have to be sure not to get too much green in there, or it may start to look like a Christmas tree

jeffp83 said:
What type of red rit dye did you use? I looked and they have cherry red, scarlett red, etc. Thanks!
Scarlett red

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffp83

Did my tank in orange, turned out nicely! Also installed some full force rc brass fittings for the fuel lines, looks much cleaner than the fuel line just coming out of the grommet.

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

This idea worked flawlessly and did my diff cover as well. They both turned out very blue. I cannot see through my tank and I make the gear cover not so dark but it worked excellent. Got the ides from you guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts