• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dye fuel tank

k.jensen

u guy's made me consider to dye my upcumming new gas tank, but what colur.. hmmm allready deanodized most of my ally parts.

and it's not making is alot esaier for me to choose with these colors to choose from :

Lemon Yellow

Scarlet Red

Purple

Black

Royal Blue

Pearl Grey

Sunshine Orange

now if I could get a lime green/acid green color, I would jump right on!!!

GTS 666

This is an excellent forum to help get ideas off each other I know I have used heaps of advice. And it has helped alot. I would like to see how the pearl grey turns out as I think it would blend in nice with alloy.

k.jensen

GTS 666 said:
This is an excellent forum to help get ideas off each other I know I have used heaps of advice. And it has helped alot. I would like to see how the pearl grey turns out as I think it would blend in nice with alloy.
hmmm you got a point there, might try out the pearl gray then :p

k.jensen

any way that you can mask an area that you whont dye this way on the gas tank, ex. a stripe? don't think that masking tape will keep the paint away :S

cordy

Try fiberglass tape very strong ,however I don't know about the adhesive of the tape.

rampage idiot

KJenson if you mix rit liquid dye 4:1 lemon yellow and aquamarine you will get the color u r looking for if you look on rits web site they tell u how to mix to get almost any color I want to do my tank in neon green waiting on new tank I hope this works for me looks like u guys got it together

rampagemt

I died my mts tank blue and turned out amazing however I tried it with my dune runner tank this time orange and ya didn't work out well so I am goin to try dying it red idk what happened

rampage idiot

Just wondering if any of you guys have tried this and been unsuccesfull I just got a new tank mixed lemon yellow and aquamarine to get lime green I left it in for 6 hrs and it didnt even phase the tank still white as can be :( bummer

G

What brand of dye did you use. It happened to me once I don't remember the brand but it was not Ritt. It has workes every time for me using the Ritt brand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts