• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Durability Upgrades?

jathomas3

So what are the recommended durabilty upgrades for this buggy to make it a worthy basher? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

G

Everything 7075RC makes for it. Run Baja wheel & tires.

First should be.....

Bearing holders for the wheel axles.

Wheel adapters to run the Baja wheels.

jathomas3

Thanks for the fast reply RCDAD!! I'm guessing I need 8 bearings in addition to the front and rear bearing holders?

G

Thanks for the fast reply RCDAD!! I'm guessing I need 8 bearings in addition to the front and rear bearing holders?
7075RCs bearing holders do use larger bearings. The stock smaller bearings overheat in the plastic parts.

jathomas3

RCDAD said:
If it is brand new it should. The 10mm thread was an improvement Redcat made a while back. This is another option for wheel adapters. They will give the XBE a bit wider stance.Second one down. http://www.rcpitstop.net/wheel-adapters.html
Thanks again for the info and the link! I bought the buggy used and I'm not sure how old it is. I guess I'll wait and check before ordering the adapters.

G

It's really easy to tell. Take a wheel off. If the threads are smaller than the axel, you have 6mm threads. If the threads are about the same size, you have the 10mm threads. FYI the axle shafts remained the same, so bearing sizes did not change. So the bearing holders work for both sizes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts