• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunnrunner 4X4, should I get one?

Redcat2

I wanna get my 2nd 1/5th and I like that its longer but what about the parts selection. Haven't seen many on the sites I visit. Also, are the rear tires the TT tires?

Any helpwould be appreciated.

Thanks Guys! Steve

Sprint 77

Contributor
Yes the rear tires are the same as the TT. One of these cars is a great choice for a second fifth if your first fifth is a MT because they share so many of the same suspension pieces . You will only need to stock one set of spares to keep you going.

RampageHopUps

The parts are available, I need to make sure I got them all listed this week. Either way, I can get what you need. Some of the bigger guys aren't selling them, since they look too much like the baja.

Sprint 77

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
The parts are available, I need to make sure I got them all listed this week. Either way, I can get what you need. Some of the bigger guys aren't selling them, since they look too much like the baja.
Well all I got to say is the CORR trucks out now in 1/10 scale all look simalar to fit the class rules , 1/8 scale buggies are hard to distinguish between brands so they all share same class rules to race.

Sounds like to me we got a bunch of HPI BAJA lovin guys that are intimidated that now large scale scale racing might have a chance of being Large Scale racing instead of HPI BAJA product promotion events .

I want to add I own a Baja and at $300 - 500 more per car I do not see where the hype is at.

bbuzzard

Contributor
Sprint 77 said:
Well all I got to say is the CORR trucks out now in 1/10 scale all look simalar to fit the class rules , 1/8 scale buggies are hard to distinguish between brands so they all share same class rules to race.
Sounds like to me we got a bunch of HPI BAJA lovin guys that are intimidated that now large scale scale racing might have a chance of being Large Scale racing instead of HPI BAJA product promotion events .

I want to add I own a Baja and at $300 - 500 more per car I do not see where the hype is at.
I concur! :p

max 1

are they going to have the 4x4 converion kit for the 2x2.

flint mann

In a word ... yes ... I agree with Sprint that the Baja folks are a little jealous. A buggy that resembles somewhat a 5b but less expensive and 4wheel drive to boot. One could convert a 2X4 to 4X4 fairly easily a tank, the carrier bearing, drive cups, diff, dogbones, and the two drive shafts going to the front. The 4X4 chassis is better then the 2X4 it has tabs under the a-arms and A-arms have set screws in them both front and rear.

RampageHopUps

max 1 said:
are they going to have the 4x4 converion kit for the 2x2.
The kit is available fromt eh factory, but I don't hink Redcat is bringing any in. You could probalby call whoever you bought it from and pre-order one.

max 1

thanks rob i,ll be looking for it .

rob64n

Contributor
well said sprint i'm with ya on it being a large scale event and not just an hpi event, i don't mind the 2wd's but that shouldn't mean that they can exclude us 4x4 guys. If we were putting on a race it would be for all large scales no prejudice on who, what, why, and where.

ivo 1

flint mann said:
In a word ... yes ... I agree with Sprint that the Baja folks are a little jealous. A buggy that resembles somewhat a 5b but less expensive and 4wheel drive to boot. One could convert a 2X4 to 4X4 fairly easily a tank, the carrier bearing, drive cups, diff, dogbones, and the two drive shafts going to the front. The 4X4 chassis is better then the 2X4 it has tabs under the a-arms and A-arms have set screws in them both front and rear.
lol that is true.,i race with nothing but guys with b5's and they look down at my runner., but i like when they scratch their head everytime i get then on take offs and on turns., one thing my brake keeps tighning by its self., putting locktight will take care of that problem:cool:

bbuzzard

Contributor
I know I can beat them 5B's with my Dune Runner...In fact I would even keep my stock motor in and beat them with the right gearing...oh yeah, I'm a cocky SOB! :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.