• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner

csh9999

I have new dunerunner with 32cc engine I also got new mip racing clutch along with a 990 carb & side mount jetpro pipe & 2 speed transmission about to send off 2 large-scaleRC to put together question how much speed and horsepower do you think I will

Jonny5

Don't know about power but no 2 speed trans in stock. Demon rc seems to be mia. Doesn't respond to anyone's emails. And hasn't updated his page. E bay has one for cheeper but have heard that it was original design that his partner took off with.

phreerider

csh9999 said:
I have new dunerunner with 32cc engine I also got new mip racing clutch along with a 990 carb & side mount jetpro pipe & 2 speed transmission about to send off 2 large-scaleRC to put together question how much speed and horsepower do you think I will
in the neighborhood of about 4.5-5.0+ hp. pretty good for stock with a nice set up. topspeed guess 40mph maybe, much more would surprise me, not sure how tall the gears are in the set, power and weight will hold it back for much higher.

"about to send off 2 large-scaleRC to put togehter" what is that about?

Ice_2k

The stock gearing on the 32cc DR is 29-31-26-24. Depending on chosen gearing, a 2-speed could significantly boost top speed. Or even the stock gears can be swapped around for more top speed.

csh9999

Thanks I really into the speed I thought more hp equal more speed 40 that a disappointment it supposed to do that out the box large-scale thing the person that got me into it lost contact with and never learned much few things I do know but gearing not so much but thanks for knowledge would a better engine give me more speed? I want to be able to run 55-60 MPH

rcgasser

No you are not going to get 55-60 on the DR with that set up I run that setup on my dr with the 1107 carb and its been gps at 49mph

rcgasser

And no its not doing 40mph out of the box where did you get that from?????? but 45 to 49 mph is moving pretty good for these rcs.

Ildy666

55 -60mph where u going to run that fast ?

I run my MT a englishtown drag way 1/8 mile track and it's has a Gizmo motor and demon 2 speed and it's out of control fast and still don't think 55-60mph

You want those speeds convert it to brushless...

csh9999

Okay thanks for knowledge so in your opinion dropping zenoah G320 would be wasted of money in regards to more speed

csh9999

In regards to 2 speed got off eBay for 200 but order in Feb got it 2 weeks ago.

Ice_2k

rcgasser said:
No you are not going to get 55-60 on the DR with that set up I run that setup on my dr with the 1107 carb and its been gps at 49mph
Is that with a 2-speed?

BertR

csh9999 said:
Why would you send it off to have it put together?? Wrenching and learning is 75% of the hobby. What's going to happen at your bash site when it breaks...your going home cause you won't know how to fix it.

Ice_2k

@rcgasser So maybe 55 or a little more is possible by gearing for top speed, if that's what the OP is looking for.

rcgasser

Ice_2k said:
@rcgasser So maybe 55 or a little more is possible by gearing for top speed, if that's what the OP is looking for.
Oh with the right amount of money anything is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But no he will need a more HP engine He stated with the stock 32cc.

phreerider

thats serious speed, 55-60mph , challenging to pilot track or not.

40 mph eats road pretty quick. a slam at 55 definitely gonna be gernade-like.

controllable fun would turn into liabilty, if not in right environment, quick.

Phill

phreerider said:
thats serious speed, 55-60mph , challenging to pilot track or not. 40 mph eats road pretty quick. a slam at 55 definitely gonna be gernade-like.

controllable fun would turn into liabilty, if not in right environment, quick.
Couldn't agree more

There is such a thing as TOO fast

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.