• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dunerunner tuned exhaust

kbreaux100

yeh those definitely look interesting, especially for those prices! i think i may go with the x can just because of the minimal modding necessary and also because i really am not looking for superior torque or hp right now, i just want to solve the low end bog.

G

If you haven't done it yet, go to a 8k clutch spring. It will help out a lot with that bottom end bog.

kbreaux100

yeh ive actually already ordered one. broke the shaft on my gear(my fault), so ive already got it torn down and waiting to install. ive heard that you have to remove some of the red covering on the spring to install it, is this right?

kbreaux100

yeh imsure they would. only problem is i don't know which ones will fit and i really don't wanna start modding my duney to quick. i know once i start ill never stop an then i wont have time to run!!

blak__jak

kbreaux100 if I get some free time this weekend i'll try to install the king motor pipe on my d/r and let you know how she fits. I've been curious about the fitment and power differences between it and the cpi big bore that I've been using on it anyway.

G

kbreaux100 said:
yeh ive actually already ordered one. broke the shaft on my gear(my fault), so ive already got it torn down and waiting to install. ive heard that you have to remove some of the red covering on the spring to install it, is this right?
Yes. It is a tight fit to get the spring ends through the holes in the clutch shoes. Shaving the paint off makes it a little easier.

kbreaux100

blak__jak said:
kbreaux100 if I get some free time this weekend i'll try to install the king motor pipe on my d/r and let you know how she fits. I've been curious about the fitment and power differences between it and the cpi big bore that I've been using on it anyway.
that would be awesome. im anxious to hear how it goes. if it goes well im sure it will interest alot of dunerunner owners. theres just not alot of well known options as far as aftermarket exhausts go

blak__jak

well I got a chance to install king motor dominator pipe yesterday and found that quite a few mods would have to be done to get the roll cage and wing to work. thing is I still wanted to try it out for performance. I've got to say it ran really well up to the point where I rolled it. broke plug, ripped up plug boot, and pulled one of the bolts holding the pipe on right out of the head. moral of this story. not a good idea to run without cage and a very good idea to have flexible joint in pipe. with the cpi big bore pipe I seem to have a little lag on low end takeoff but great top end after it winds up. with the king pipe the low end lag was gone. what I was wondering is with the cpi's two big exit ports if this might be to much for the esp ported head and If blocking one might help. what do you guys think. I might just save this pipe for a full race motor in the future and get a victory or figure out something so I can use the king.

G

Blocking one might give a little better low end but will cost you in the top end.

blak__jak

thanks brian. that's what I was thinking but till' I can afford to get a different motor I thought that it might help. this things got great top end but most places I run with other people its getting off the line and braking then getting it again that counts. i'll have to try it out, would have anyway, just trying to get some other thoughts.

kbreaux100

Man that's sucks that ya rolled it,and did that much damage. Sorry to hear it. Hope it wasn't my curiosity that made ya do it. Well, I guess we all have learned a few things and lessons. Sorry it was at your expense. Thanks for the info though. I bought an x -can cuz of the convenience. Hope it helps. I'm not trying to win any races,just would like a little more low end

blak__jak

no not anybodys fault but my own. i wanted to try out that pipe and would have done it sometime one way or another no matter what. oh well!! working on these things is half the fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts