• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dunerunner firstway gear shaft

kbreaux100

i reinstalled my firstway lay shaft(the gear shaft that goes to the brake shaft) today because i snapped my original one by tightening the lock nut too tight. well, now the shaft has some movement,about a quarter inch of movement in and out, which makes my gear wiggle a little bit. im not too concerned about the gear on the shaft,but its also wiggling my pinon gear that goes to the center diff. i cant remember if the original shaft did this. is this ok?

kbreaux100

yeh its hard to explain but even harder to show pics of it wiggle. in other words, the first way gear shaft slides in and out through the bearing about a quarter inward and a quarter inch outward. the whole shaft with the gear on it does this

G

Yes they do that. They have some play as you described. You can shim it in the center diff if you want.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts