• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dune Runner Brake Change

Chief409

After doing all the wrong things, I thought I'd pass on the easy way to change the brakes on a Dune Runner.

1: Pull and bag the carb

2: Loosen the set screw in the brake post, remove the linkage

3: Remove the plate over the gears and brake, pull out the brake post

4: Take the transmission gears off (V3 has drift pins holding the 4 pin adapter on the lay shafts, you have to remove the gears to get to the drift pins)

5: Take the transmission plate off the chassis

6: Remove the screws holding the bearing carrier between the brake and the gears

7: Pull the pinion gear shaft and brake assembly, pull the brake parts, install the new brake parts and reassemble.

Believe me, this is the easy way. Try anything different and the engine, ring gear assy and the dogbone cup holder to the front wheels will have to come off or loosened.

Done that, been there.

rampagemt

Everything on the dune runner is so easy to get to. Get the darksoul fuel line disconnects and the motor is out with 5 screws can't beat that. I must be doing I the hard way

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts