• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dual steering servos

CyberVet65

Contributor
This dual steering is installed to prevent steering servo failure? Or increase turn response time? Is it need for just normal bashing about?

Thanks

Deluge

Basically, it makes two crappy servos act as one decent servo. They're not really needed and can be replaced by one really good servo. I ran a single Hitec 5805 on my MT and it did the job well.

phreerider

one decent servo is certainly fine, provides "off gas steer". i have run hitec 5765 single without any real issues, BUT

for a powered steer effect. ie. on the gas hard, and still turn-able, dual is very effective and lowers load and rate per servo for even longer lasting servos . super big servos like hitec900/ 1000 are an effective choice as well, but very pricey.

good EPA is the best start, or at least rate and throw control.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The Hitec 5765 (better on higher voltage), 5805 or Savox 236 will do the job fine on a single unit.

carp boyz

Banned
can you replace the dual stock steering servos in the MT with a couple of the HPI SFL 10's or the SFL 11's?

previous owner fried the old ones and I just happened to have a couple of new HPI servos kickin around

G

I don't think they would cut it if your running the huge MT tires. Those are only a 10mg and 11mg servo.

G

If you are going to run duals the Hitec 5765 work great and will fit well on both sides.

If you run a single servo than you can run a 5765 or go larger like the Hitec 5805 or the Savox 236.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
If you are going to run duals the Hitec 5765 work great and will fit well on both sides.If you run a single servo than you can run a 5765 or go larger like the Hitec 5805 or the Savox 236.
thanks for the info

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts