• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dual steering servo prob.

lamarw1981

I needed a servo for my mt. On the battery side. I got a hi tec which I heard was better than stock. My problem is that both steering servo are going in the same direction. What do I need to do to make them turn differently(if that's a word lol.)

blak__jak

you really need to have matching servos on a duel steering setup or they will be fighting each other all the time. you've got to figure that different servos even of the same brand name move at different speed rates. you can probably get away with using just the hitec by itself. disconnect the linkage from the one remaining stock servo and run a single servo setup until you get another hitec than reverse the steering channel on your tx so that it moves in the right direction.

MisterInsane

yeah you can get away with one servo for awhile. thats what im doing while i wait for my new ones to come in.

rampage idiot

lamarw1981 said:
Ok. But if I get another hi tec it would still go in the wrong direction right?
Like blackjak said once you get the other servo if they are goin in the wrong direction you switch the steering switch on the tx and it will switch it, or do what I do I run a single HS 5805 MG HITEC and it works great for over a year! I am running this on an MT I forgot to mention

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

I am running a single hitec 5755 on my mt with no issues. Like it more then 2 servos. Easier to set up and cheaper to replace also

blak__jak

yea I didn't mention that I to ran a single 5755 for awhile on my m/t with no issues and it worked fine but I did end up getting a second one. once setup correctly where they are working together without fighting each other you'll have more steering power than ever needed and a backup in case one of them should ever crap out on you in the middle of a good bashing session.

G

To run dual steering servos, they must be matched. The Hitec will be faster than the stock servos. Also some servos run the opposite direction. That can be switched by the rev setting on your radio.

Also keep in mind, that while they are going in the same direction when viewing them side by side, when you mount them one will be installed upside down opposite of the other. This will give the correct motion for both servos to work together. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts