• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DS Ext. Adapters or HPI hubs?

IMADMAN

Would like to hear some comments on these 2 choices, the DS are ext. though so, I want to know how the handling is on both on an MT or buggy. Ultimately I would like to run a truggy type set-up.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I got the Hostlie slicks tires tuesday I think . Thanks as always were sold as advertised from IMADMAN a great trader to deal with you fellow rampage guys I have bought from him on the baja before forum and so has Flintman , and MoFroggy.

Sprint 77

Contributor
The extended will give you more steering "scrub" it is called on dirt this is a advantage. It helps on entry and through the middle of the corner. On hard surface like asphalt you will get a lot of push and tire wear on the inside. So this is the pros and cone of extended axles on the steering axle. Depends most on your terrain choice. On a dirt track with tight corners the extended be great especially if not much bank.

IMADMAN

Sprint 77 said:
I got the Hostlie slicks tires tuesday I think . Thanks as always were sold as advertised from IMADMAN a great trader to deal with you fellow rampage guys I have bought from him on the baja before forum and so has Flintman , and MoFroggy.
Thank You.!!! Now I got a little coin to spend on my recently acquired MT!

Sprint 77 said:
The extended will give you more steering "scrub" it is called on dirt this is a advantage. It helps on entry and through the middle of the corner. On hard surface like asphalt you will get a lot of push and tire wear on the inside. So this is the pros and cone of extended axles on the steering axle. Depends most on your terrain choice. On a dirt track with tight corners the extended be great especially if not much bank.
Good info! I don't play on a REAL track just a makeshift one with no banks, mostly hard packed, with a thin layer of loose soil and rocks.

I'm thinking of running MX's all the way around.

mooman007uk

Banned
Have a look at the vertigo 8mm extended hpi adapters...real nice pieces, i got 4 rears to run the paddles on my MT...I really like the fat o-ring that retains the pins

NitroBurn

I have the Integy extended hubs with Proline wheels/tires on my MT. The hubs showed up yesterday and I have not been able to try them out yet. I have them installed though. Here is a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts