• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

drivetrain issues

Loud72

Anyone having the drive train issues that I'm having? I just upgraded the stock HY 26cc with the ESP modified 27.2, +2mm Stuffer Crank and now my motor and clutch have moved out of alignment. Apparenlty I lost one of the two motor mounting screws that go on the bottom of the chassis while trying to tune my WT-813 carb Saturday. I pulled out the two driveline bones for the front wheel drive and now I'm running two wheel drive hoping that I'll get a quicker rev up. Since I've owned my beast, I've spent more time repairing and upgrading then driving. I don't' give up easily so I'm sticking with her...lol

Is there any way to simplify the drive train on a V3 to run it in two wheel drive? By sijmplify, I mean eliminate the C and D gears...

Regards,

Loud72

Last edited by a moderator:

chevy

I never heard of a motor that went out of alignment, what kind of motor did you upgrade to? A cy or a zen?

Loud72

Upgraded was the wrong term to use. I modded the stock HY 26cc with the ESP modified 27.2, +2mm stuffer crank kit from DDM. I'm hoping my problem is the missing motor chassis mount screw and spacer. I think the motor was pivoting on the one screw and spacer causing the clutch to not have any room to engage. It ran fine for a few mid throttle passes until the C&D gears got out of alignment. I removed the gear cover and found one set screw missing on the D hub on the D gear's rod in the disc brake area. I installed another set screw and put the C&D gears back into alignment then tried to take off and it would barely move when squeezing the throttle. My brother and I took it apart and when we tried to put the clutch plate back in place we discovered that the entire motor had apparently moved because the clutch bell will no longer go over the clutch. it's off by at least a couple of mm. I'll know more once the weather gets better and I can go back out to my brother's place to work on it. We're getting hit with this nasty snow storm today....

Regards,

Loud72

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts