• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drivetrain durability

jigawatt

I've been thinkin the same, but to play it safe, probably gonna make a screen of the shape of the case. Well, its gonna be more of a box than anything else. It should at least keep the damaging pebbles out.

hamster huey

Yeah MOO Im w/you. After updating my thread "high power=excessive wear" I have 5 tanks on the same set of 4 plastic gears with no gear cover at all! Thats about 3.5 hours where I drove it! The gear plate/gear shafts still gets so hot I can barely touch them but it does not melt gears. Now that I have that problem licked the only other problem I have is tightening that pesky shaft every tank. Now I think all I have to watch is maintenance on whole car bearings/metal shafts/brakes/diffs/output shafts/dogbones/piston ring/normal wear/etc. The hours are starting to add up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts