• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Drive Cup Brace / Pin Retainer

looker2756

Contributor
4mm on the pins sound way excessive. I've never seen any close to that far out. I wouldn't worry about " give you tennis elbow, wrist, etc.... " when you could " take a dremel and smooth ". Use power tools to you benefit whenever you can. Sounds like you got everything fitting well though, and that is what really counts.

AlvaSpeed

What I meant is that is better to use a grinder or a power tool. Sanding will take too long.

The pins ended up measuring about 4mm on each side. I used a digital caliper.

Today I took apart another TT and the rear center dog bone was stuck on the center diff cup.

After seeing this things I see why these cars do not roll well when new. After a while some parts (gears, dogbones) "grind" themselves and free up a little.

After I reassemble this TT I am going to take apart a MTv2 and see if the fit is better or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts