• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

dOES anyone make a billet fuel cap for MT V3?

brad1161

Got a new MT V3 and want to put a billet gas cap on it. all i can find is for a baja and it don't fit. thanks

dozer187

how do u go about venting the tank with billet cap? do u tap the center of it and install a barb to run fuel line off of or better off venting the grommet

rcgasser

dozer187 said:
how do u go about venting the tank with billet cap? do u tap the center of it and install a barb to run fuel line off of or better off venting the grommet
IMO I prefer to vent the gormmet.

G

Go ahead and order it from Redcat for $15.00 & $9+ to ship. Do you think that's a better deal? LOL

Calculated into the shipping and handling is shipping insurance, PayPal fees, shipping confirmation on top of the actual cost to ship.

This is how the merchant can take responsibility for lost or undelivered items.

caveman

RCDAD said:
Go ahead and order it from Redcat for $15.00 & $9+ to ship. Do you think that's a better deal? LOLCalculated into the shipping and handling is shipping insurance, PayPal fees, shipping confirmation on top of the actual cost to ship.

This is how the merchant can take responsibility for lost or undelivered items.
Makes sense RC DAD you're not in business to loose money.

cordy

Well guess what order more small items they throw it in the same box for the $10 shipping,nobody in thier right mind orders one small item because of the shipping.

rcgasser

cordy said:
Well guess what order more small items they throw it in the same box for the $10 shipping,nobody in thier right mind orders one small item because of the shipping.
+1 it shipping and handling its just not for the price to ship an item. The item must be packaged and the order must be processed all that take time and in the business world time is money!!!!!!!

Top Jimmy

+1! Boxes,tape,packing materials all have a cost. That's not even including your time to package the item.the time to drop it at UPS or USPS and the $3.90 per gallon gas for your vehicle, etc.. Oh yeah, then there's overhead!!! If people only knew what the cost was to carry items. Often times you can sit on an item for many months before it sells. Whose money is it that is tied up? not the buyer, that's for sure. I'd challenge ANYONE on this forum to start a dealership and carry EVERY part in your personal inventory. I'd bet you'd have TENS of thousands, if not more, of YOUR money tied up! seems like a pretty shitty return on investment to me. you might be better served with a savings account paying a whopping .0065% interest. just my 22 cents.....

G

Be smart with your money and shop around. I do...

The larger the company the better the shipping rates will be. To give you an example, Amazon pays around 5% of the standard UPS rate. They ship so much volume the shipping companies are in compition to win their business.

rampagemt

Or you could actually be really smart and its sooo freakin easy to do with a dremmel and a rotary cutter for soft metal and pick up a kick Ass one from a Baja like the ddm ones and cut out the threads and seal the plastic cap from your rampage tank and then throw epoxy in there and push your old cap in there. Super easy to do and you got a way better looking one. Don't take but a half hour.

rampagemt

Drill a hole in grommet for fuel line to fit snug. Just be sure to pull it out first to not get anything in tank and then run the line and put check valve on end kraken rc makes kewl colors and are under 10

G

Drill a hole in grommet for fuel line to fit snug. Just be sure to pull it out first to not get anything in tank and then run the line and put check valve on end kraken rc makes kewl colors and are under 10
I've done this on my past two vent mods just because the grommets are such a PITA to swap. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts