• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff housing

TerraKill

someone help me out :) will these fit an mt? some1 must know

G

They would not be a direct fit. The x series chassis mounts are different and the shock tower mounts are different as well.

TerraKill

gonna have to settal for them then :( tyvm rcdad for finding them, i was looking forward to quick acsess diffs

is nitroshop still active yeh? ive mailed them before n never got replys

rcmotor.dk

Hello is there anyone who can help me, what should the two washers and 4 screws used to,is when you buy aluminum diff.

morten

Ol' fart

The four screws are used to hold the sway bar on. The stock ones are too long. The two washers are shims to adjust the gear mesh. They fit on the outside of the bearing. The bearing next to the gear. One is thicker than the other. If you put in the thin one it moves the gear over by.005 The thick one moves it .010 Both will move it .015

When you put the cover back on tighten the screws very lightly. tap on the end of the diff assembly to seat the bearing and the shims against the inside of the housing, the tighten up the six screws all the way. With the right shims in you should have very little backlash and a free spinning diff. If it does not spin freely you have too many shims in.

WAY

Does the T-bone bumper still fit with this setup?

WAY

That is one nice pic! There is something about that pic that just make me want to go out and buy that chassis! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts