• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Diff housing

Ol' fart

They are for sale now on the website. First shipment will be this Friday.

No pic on the website because they still have to be black anodized.

I hope I have discribed the housings benifits but if you have any questions

please ask.

Ol'fart

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

might be a silly question, but will these fit an MT?

Ol' fart

Hummmmm

I have no idea.

If the only differance is the hole pattern to bolt it to the frame I could make them fit without much trouble.

alfred e numan

When the diffs are set up on a full size 3 rd member, they use a dye, prussan blue. this allows a person to see the gear mesh. just a thought ----

Ol' fart

That's the way the big boys do it. Can't do that here as the plastic diff is not real flat where the gear mounts to it and the gear wobbles a little.

I set it 'till I get a little in and out movement on the input gear and the whole unit spin's freely. Also , the cover locks the bearings in place when you tighten the six screws. A trick i've learned is to lightly tightin to screws and then hit the end of the diff cups against something soft like wood. This seats the bearing out as far as it will go. The tighten the six screws down tight.

Do this every time you take it apart.

TerraKill

has anyone got both types of diffs to compair? i only have a MT

G

Are the new anodized bearing holders shipping out this week?

Ol' fart

I have to pick a time to switch over to the stage II parts, lighter/ black anodized. Right now the orders will be filled with stage I parts. Some time in the next week or two the web site will change to stage II parts and we will no longer offer the old stage I parts. Stage I and stage II will be interchangable and they will fit with stock part's, Stage II parts will cost more but they will come with SS bolts, black finish, and they are lighter then stage I parts.

To all of you who have suported 7075Rc, I thank you, your support has been the driving factor in the development of the new parts I make.

New stuff is coming....but your old stuff is still good stuff, hell, you can't brake it, run it 'till it dies

DemonRC

Nice work Ol'fart! I'll be ordering a set as soon as I get some money freed up.

Quick question... would I be able to get a set of the non-annodized sets? I really like the matte sandblasted look.

Ol' fart

The parts will come as a matt black sandblasted finish. See below( lighting make them look a little off color, they ARE black).

I can set some aside for you'all that want the old finish but you may have to wait a bit longer. What do the rest of you say? Do you like the old or the new?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.