• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Dies After 5 Minutes

laxbro19

I just received my dune runner last Friday and have been in the process of breaking it in this weekend. I've gotten about 3 tanks through it and now it will run for about 5 minutes and die and won't start back up. I already have the tank vented and a NGK plug installed. It's really disappointing cause when this does run its a blast to drive.

Loud72

Congrats on the new DR,

Just to throw questions out there:

1. Are you getting a dark brown spar plug end with gassy smell? Smoke from exhaust when running the 5 minutes? Just wondering if it's just a too rich condition. The optimum plug color is a paper bag brown...

Regards,

Loud72

laxbro19

Okay I got it to start but now the idle speeds are all over the map. Sometimes it will idle up enough to engage the clutch and then it will go back to normal and then idle down and die. I am new to these engines and have no idea what to do.

G

What are your current needle settings?

cordy

Sounds like an air leak.Check that your carb bolts are tight.Check that your intake manifold is not cracked or warped.Check the throttle shaft for an air leak.Check that your plug is tight.Check that your head bolts are tight.Check that your klunk is not cloged and is sitting in the sump in your tank.Check that there are no pin holes in your fuel line.Set your carb needles to factory settings. 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 readjust your idle.Check that your carbs diaphram breather is clean.Ddm has a filter for it part # av493.Try a new plug.Hope this helps.

laxbro19

Okay I checked everything and that was fine and have been messing around with needle settings and nothing is working. It almost seems that as soon as the engine heats up a lot it dies and once I let it cool down it will fire back up no problem and then die in another 5 minutes when it gets hot again. Anyone ever heard of this?

Phill

I was having the same problem

I pulled mine apart today to check the coil gap and found the head was loose.

Starts now but haven't been able to run it due to the rain

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts