• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Did I damage the crankshaft?

PrjctStrtFrce

As I was taking my motor apart, the only thing that gave me an issue was getting the crankshaft out of one of the sides. I kept smacking it with the back end of a solid screwdriver but that didn't get me anywhere, so I ended up using a hammer...I know EEK...but I made sure to keep the hits nice and even so that I wouldn't chip anything away, but now I'm not sure if I ended up warping/bending the end a little bit? If I did, then as long as the screw goes in, which it does, then will I be okay or will the balance of the motor be off, causing issues?

DSC06827.jpg

DSC06830.jpg

DSC06829.jpg

DSC06828.jpg

Silent_chaos

In the Last picture it seems just a bit bent. Not sure about issues. But this is a rotating piece. Makes you think twice.

In any case, i guess a new one costs around 10$

BertR

Yes that crank is no good...that end is tapered to fit the clutch carrier snug tight.. now its flaired and most likely toast

PrjctStrtFrce

ahhhh...good call, I didn't even think of matching that up, as I was waiting on responses before I attempted to put it back together.

Where can I get a cheap replacement? Stock motor in the MT V3.

What is a good technique/tool to use to pull the crank out of the case?

PrjctStrtFrce

The stock crankshaft part# is 25015 and I can't seem to find it anywhere, including redcat's website... :confused:

Someone please help and let me know where I can get one.

PrjctStrtFrce

The manual says that it is a 30cc, so I guess that's what I have. Is there a 30 and a 30.5 as a stock motor for the MT? So since mine is the 30cc, I need the 28mm shaft, right?

rampage idiot

PrjctStrtFrce said:
The manual says that it is a 30cc, so I guess that's what I have. Is there a 30 and a 30.5 as a stock motor for the MT? So since mine is the 30cc, I need the 28mm shaft, right?
Trust me you need what I said, you have a 30.5 if you put a 28mm in you will have a 28 cc.the hy and cy 30.5 motors have the 2mm stroker crank in them, if you put a 1mm stroker in you will have a 29cc motor!

BertR

Look at the bottom of the head ...it will say 30- 36 that is stroke and bore and that means its a 2mm stroked crank to achieve the cc other wise it would have a 28 or 29 for the stroke

PrjctStrtFrce

Yup, it is 30-36...so the crank in that link is the correct crank for my motor?

PrjctStrtFrce

Dumb question...any way that I can form it back into its original shape?

If not, then since I'm already going to be spending money, is there a better crank that I can use that doesn't cost an arm and a leg compared to the one in the link?

rampage idiot

PrjctStrtFrce said:
Dumb question...any way that I can form it back into its original shape?
that is a taper fit on the clutch! depends how much time you want too spend with a file, might work, might not in the one pic looks like the end is actually bent if it is your screwed cause that clutch will be so out of round

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts