• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Desert Rat Body fitting

AlvaSpeed

I am in the process of installing a Proline desert Rat body on my TT and on a MT.

In order to fit the pipe without destroying the body I am going to cut the DDm pipe and reposition it.

Has anybody done this?

DemonRC

I thought about doing that to mine. What I was going to do was cut it where the header comes into the cone and turn it 90 degrees so that the stinger faced downwards. This would've made the tip curve inward over the radio box. The whole idea was to bring the pipe closer into the chassis. I never did it though cause I was too chicken shit to hack up that nice pipe.

kryptonite

from the pic it seems to fit ok(minus the rear wheel well). does the pipe rub or push out the shell? its hard to see from the pics.

AlvaSpeed

It is not finished yet.

On the MT it looks killer!!!!

They way it should have been in the first place.

The pipe on its normal position pushes the body about an inch or less.

I am going to cut the pipe and reposition it.

Going to use automotive rubber hose and clamps to join the header and the pipe.

On the pics the pipe is not bolted on the cylinder.

kun114

Get yourself some foiltape and line that side of the body after you paint it. I've been running this body for many tanks and no signs of meltage.

SSCN4184.jpg

SSCN4175.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts