• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Delivery of my Rampage V2 MT

50mph

I am a proud owner of the MT now. Ordered Monday morning and was delivered Tuesday at 10:14AM. That was fast. Since the pipe was included (saved money on that deal) all I needed was the servos, steel gears and spare Diff Cups. I like how they marked the boxes with the tires left and right……That is what I say its translates to.

You can see my truck is leaking already, I need Moo to come over and fix my leak (sorry Moo, but you have been volunteered to be my mechanic) I wish I could have someone like Moo come over then I would this thing setup “Mo Better”

I was kinda scared at first because the box had a picture of that blue looking body and I wanted the clear body, I opened the box and seen the clear body. I wills ay packing/protection could have been done better, nothing seemed damaged but I haven’t completely inspected everything.

Looks like I have some painting, Thread Lock, Servo Install, Pipe Install, Upgrade them gears and a bunch of “ Do before you run this monster” and of course a leak to fix.

Thanks everyone here who answered my questions and helped me understand this Monster Truck.

zielkeracing

Awesome 50! That pipe makes a world of difference. I will get to start my new one in January, I wish I never sold the old one. Let us know how it goes! :)

badboy2

nice!! which pipe is that??

btw steve don't worry your old mt is in good hands !!

50mph

mooman007uk said:
I'll help you all i can bud so you can enjoy your new truck...as for the leak sounds like the super thick goop in the front diff is leaking...case to ring gear is probably not tightened properly so i suggest pulling the front diff out to take a looksie
I will pull it apart and see what’s up, I wasn’t sure if it was a shock, only that oil was spilled up front and I could not tell where it came from. Hopefully it’s just an easy fix.

I guess I will need to visit the Auto Parts Store and find some of that super thick goop.

50mph

Is this what you are talking about? I don't see a seal but maybe when I take it apart I will.

front diff.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/583c605b857e2_frontdiff.jpg.815ac2296029ef915ea4f14ebda92434.jpg

50mph

I see the O ring on the drawing. What ever it is, it leaked and something needs to be refilled or sealed. Hopefully my LHS has some of the HPI shock oil, and if it the diff then I will pay a visit to my Auto Store and find something similar.

I am still working on the body. Taped, bumper painted, windows taped off and its ready for some flames and then the attempt at using some of that Mirage (color changing) stuff. Not sure if it will work since I am reversing the order of the paint steps.

I was thinking of trying to use that drywall patching tape (whatever it’s called) and some Super 77 to help harden the body. Super 77 are flexible and may do the trick. I also have used some of the 3M 90 before on my Stryker, made that thing super strong and stayed a little flexible.

50mph

Well it was the Diff. Not sure why but it was empty. I am guessing it must have been loose on the seal or maybe the temperature change. I filled the Diff and put it all back together. Nothing is leaking yet!!!!

Diff Leak.jpg

Diff Leak1.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/583c605bc5975_DiffLeak.jpg.fb6e48d4db965ad132b150729dfdd110.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/583c605bc7919_DiffLeak1.jpg.31868809b5265f493fc9b6c42a480a7b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts