• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

DDM Dominator Test Run Video - 30/30 Gearing

DemonRC

Here's the vid with the 30/30's. I didn't have a camera man this time so the video doesn't follow the car all the time. Was real windy too so I had to cover up the sound with a little music.

The 30/30's didn't have the cool insta acceleration like the 25/35's but acceleration was still good. I think I like the 31/29's the most so far. I got some 33/27's coming in since I melted all my gears so I'll get a vid of those up this weekend.

http://blip.tv/file/1911931

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
Thanks for the video. We'll see how it works out for me, I have the 30/30 mounted up, and it is supposed to snow. I wanna see what it will do with my ported 28.5.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Clubin said:
Thanks for the video. We'll see how it works out for me, I have the 30/30 mounted up, and it is supposed to snow. I wanna see what it will do with my ported 28.5.
I would like to know too. That will be my setup as I ordered the gears today.

Clubin

Banned
ZielkeRacing said:
I have a ton of MCD gears, and I just happened to have a bunch of 30's it is snowing here 3" on the ground already, I won't be running any time soon:mad:

DemonRC

ZielkeRacing said:
I ran my ONB 28.5cc in it on Friday and it looked almost as fast as my DS 26 but with a little more low end grunt. I wish I had another Rampage to run a side by side test. The 28.5 will get the jump on the 26 off the line. The 26 has a slight bog on it for about a second before the pipe starts kicking in, however, I think the 26 will start pulling on the 28.5 pretty quick though. This was really a biased test since the DS 26 has a lightened flywheel and a stuffed nonstroked crank. The ONB is running a stock flywheel and nonstuffed nonstroked crank.

This weekend I'm going to stick the ONB 28.5 back in and run it with 33/27's with the stuffed nonstroked crank and the lightened flywheel. It took off really quick with the 30/30's so I think acceleration with the 33/27 will still be good and I should get some lost topspeed back.

DemonRC

I ended up putting the 33/27 gears in and the results were outstanding! I pulled the DS 26 out and put the stock 28.5cc back in. I expected it to bog on the lowend but it still took off with authority like the 26 did with the 30/30 gearing. The topend was awesome too. I had my camera along but the batteries were dead. I'll get some vid up with that new gearing hopefully this week. I think all the TT guys should consider this gearing. It doesn't seem to phase acceleration very much at all.

jigawatt

not bad... but please post a video w/o music when showing off an exhaust system!!!! I wanna hear the exhaust :D

DemonRC

jigawatt said:
not bad... but please post a video w/o music when showing off an exhaust system!!!! I wanna hear the exhaust :D
Ya I'll do a vid just for you guys without music. I put music in cause the guys at the LHS run customer videos on their flatscreen for demo purposes and plus I send links to the same videos for my buds to watch. Also, the wind was blowing at nearly 25mph that day and it was annoying on the video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts