• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

d/r windows

blak__jak

made a set of windows for my d/r out of lexan that I picked up at the local lowes they're held to the roll cage with 3/8 plastic cable straps since that's the only kind that I could find after checking all the local hardware stores. my question is does anyone know where I can find these 3/8 straps made out of metal because i'm constantly breaking the plastic ones. it seems like any light impact and I break one or two. these things are awful handy. they keep so much crap off the rig that clean up is half the p.i.t.a. that it used to be.

rampagemt

Re: d/r windows

I need to get my side windows done for mine now. Where are the slips snapping on the cage I haven't had any issues with any if mine breaking but that's just the front window. I shoe gooed window screen on the sides of the chassis from the inside and that keeps my Dr a lot cleaner then just windows

blak__jak

hey brian I know you're liking that wing. I get almost as much x-tra get up and go out of it as you do from a ddm sticker. I've been meaning to get to putting some kind of screen or something on the chassis but haven't quite got to it. to answer the question about the straps breaking. they're snapping mostly by the bolt holes.

blak__jak

there you go brian I knew if anyone could help you could. Stainless Steel, exactly what I was looking for. thanks! be nice if I didn't have to buy a 100 but maybe now that I have a pattern for the windows I could make up a few sets include the clamps and hardware and sell some kits on here if there was any interest. just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts