• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CY 42/46cc Fitting

grf

good job Alex but the engine does not sound very healthy.

what is wrong with it?

are you using the 35 gear on the clutch?

Alex

Jea its a 78 clutch and 35x25 ,and now ,that is my prob ---airleak or not enough gas ,i screw the low idle a bit out and i run great but after some laps the engine make this sounds like mohhhhh mohhhhhh

forist

Contributor
just watched it a few more time sounds like a air leak. I had A 30.5 that did the same type of thing/sound.

Alex

yes ,i ve made a tankspot with 3 fuellines and the 3 rd line is open back.Look to my album

forist

Contributor
Mine was a crack in the head but it could be the plug needs to be tightened or head gasket cracked or even the gaskets on the carb. Some guys use WD40 (I think) and spray it around the gaskets to check for a leak. If its not WD40 someone chime in plz.

forist

Contributor
I looked on your albums and only see 2 fuel lines. You can check for gas cap vent prob by when you run and it starts to make that sound, open the cap and listen for a hissing sound that is to much pressure building up in the tank. You will have to vent it.

DemonRC

LMAO airleak or not that thing has tons of power. He's drifting it at what sounds like 1/4 throttle. Nice work man. I got a hold of another TT so guess what's going in it?

46cc with a prototype 2 speed :)

P.S. We finally narrowed down the 2 speed to the best performing design. You guys are gonna shit when you see this thing. Hopefully, we'll have all the parts in from the shop soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

Hey guys i ve found the prob it was a carb ,no ideal why ,but i ordered second 46cc and switch the carb to my ,and lads the engine is the beast ,the video will go on sunday or saturday.

Greats Alex.

DemonRC

I really wanna see some video with it running 100%. Doug at ESP said he got them to hit 13k RPM with minimal porting back in the day. With all that torque it outta be a hell of an engine.

P.S. Doug wasn't sure if the CY engine plating fixes ever made it to the 42/46 series. I was the reason he stopped porting on these a few years back.

Alex

Hi @ al hope some one can help me i need the check valve , i mean this red little thing seams like a umbrella under the primer blub for my Walbro HDA 223 or 223-1 ,please link or same ,my is damaged .Thanks for help.

SerratedPHX

looks bad ass! But I think we need stronger options for the drive line. Im always braking axles and the cups. I really sick of it and its getting discouraging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts