• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cvd axle pins falling out

SmokeScream

the pins in my stock cvd axles at the knuckle keep trying to fall out. anyone else have this problem or know a fix for it?

Keith81

What do you put the loctite on? The pin it-self?

I'm having the same issue now after a month of having my MT...

DemonRC

I grind a very small flat spot on the pin so the grub screw can grab. Then, I put a small amount of locktite into the grub screw hole and the grub screw itself. When the grub screw in inserted it will push the locktite within the hole down to the pin and then expand out up the pin. Basically, it's a non-messy way to locktite the shaft and the grub screw at the same time.

SmokeScream

i saw somewhere that another trick was to put shrink tube on it to hold the pins in.

IMA_MudSlut

shrink wrap

SmokeScream said:
the pins in my stock cvd axles at the knuckle keep trying to fall out. anyone else have this problem or know a fix for it?
I had this problem with my XT before I sold it. Not the reason why I sold it though coz this happens or will happen to any RC, I think? I saw a friend bought an MT. We parked it next to another friend's XT and it just made the XT looked like a TONKA TOY!!. "TheNewbe" described it best when he posted this comment about the comparison. He goes " The MT just looks at the XT and says "Who's your daddy"...."" :D I thought that was funny :D

"Anyway, about the pins falling out, I bought this shrink wrap at a local Napa Parts store. Wrapped it around the axles and used a hair dryer at a "high" heat setting and it shrunk and wrapped the plastic around the axle, problem solved! It lasted quite a while too. Eventually it ripped apart, so I just replaced it with a new one. No big deal. I like working on my 5th scaIes after each run anyway. I thought that is a good practice to adapt to.I can't remember what they were called though but you can ask them if they have some of those shrink wrap thingy. they come in different colors.

check out Triggerman's comparison pics of the XT/MT

Trigger, borrowed your pics dude. Hope you don't mind :D

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5937&highlight=TONKA&page=2

SmokeScream

IMA_MudSlut said:
I had this problem with my XT before I sold it. Not the reason why I sold it though coz this happens or will happen to any RC, I think? I saw a friend bought an MT. We parked it next to another friend's XT and it just made the XT looked like a TONKA TOY!!. "TheNewbe" described it best when he posted this comment about the comparison. He goes " The MT just looks at the XT and says "Who's your daddy"...."" :D I thought that was funny :D
"Anyway, about the pins falling out, I bought this shrink wrap at a local Napa Parts store. Wrapped it around the axles and used a hair dryer at a "high" heat setting and it shrunk and wrapped the plastic around the axle, problem solved! It lasted quite a while too. Eventually it ripped apart, so I just replaced it with a new one. No big deal. I like working on my 5th scaIes after each run anyway. I thought that is a good practice to adapt to.I can't remember what they were called though but you can ask them if they have some of those shrink wrap thingy. they come in different colors.

check out Triggerman's comparison pics of the XT/MT

Trigger, borrowed your pics dude. Hope you don't mind :D

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5937&highlight=TONKA&page=2
awesome! thats what i'm doing tonight then. lol. got about 6 tanks through my new dunerunner and shes running pretty good. think i still have to play with the low speed needle. hard to tell where best holeshot is cuz it seems to have a bog no matter what. was told a tuned pipe fixes it. or maybe 8000 rpm clutch spring. but thanks for the help everyone.

greg4406

pins

I got a mt and that started to happen also.I just go some flat head bolts and and replace the pins in all the wheels.Make sure u get bolts and small nuts the same size of the pins.Works great no more pins falling out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts