• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Cutting the body to have access to the pull start, good idea or not??

machinebike

Im probably not the only one that does not like to have to keep taking the body off to start the truck, Im trying to think of a better solution...any ideas/tips? What about a buggy type body or something??

rampagejunkie1973

I am new to this forum, but i have a rampage xt for a couple of years now, Some options for you. I personally have a roto start installed o n my truck. It uses a troybilt starter bit in a cordless drill, with the pull start removed. It has a solid bar attached inside where the recoil used to sit. I do not like removing the body either. You could cut out a large sun roof panel and use a small piano hinge to re attach it and glue in a single pin / post to flip it open as needed. The troybilt starter package is up for sale at largescalerc.com for around $40. hope this helps.

machinebike

I am new to this forum' date=' but i have a rampage xt for a couple of years now, Some options for you. I personally have a roto start installed o n my truck. It uses a troybilt starter bit in a cordless drill, with the pull start removed. It has a solid bar attached inside where the recoil used to sit. I do not like removing the body either. You could cut out a large sun roof panel and use a small piano hinge to re attach it and glue in a single pin / post to flip it open as needed. The troybilt starter package is up for sale at largescalerc.com for around $40. hope this helps.[/quote']Yes it does help, thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.