• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Custom Aluminum rear roll cage

Clubin

Banned
I re-made the rear roll cage out of solid 3/8" aluminum rod, much stronger than the stock plastic, I think it'll look good with the Chrome HBZ roll bar.

misc059.jpg

misc063.jpg

misc061.jpg

misc060.jpg

Sorry for the snow on one picture, I had it out for a beating. lol

prostock

Clubin,

I found a nice small light wight squeeze clamp at ACE but it doesn't clear the pin of the dogbone to install it. I am still looking for something to hold them in place.

BRC

Sprint 77

Contributor
Clubin you do nice work you must have a lathe and a mill or access to them both? Just wish I could get my pipe stamp dies done so I could give you some chemotherapy solution for that growth on the left side of your truck and get you one that performs and looks good too.

Clubin

Banned
Sprint, you don't like my cancedrous tumour. lol The pipe attracts a lot of attention. THanks for the compliments. I don't have a milling machine, it is all done by hand, I have a sheet of 2025 aluminum and LOTs of tools my company does custom sheetmetal heating ventilation and a/c. I was looking at buying a milling machine a small bench top one is not that much well way less than one of my MCD's. lol

Sprint 77

Contributor
Your work has cnc punc turret presses? That is what I program for my company also owns one co. in Canada (Keeprite @ Brantford Ontario) that has turret cnc presses and cnc brakes as well.

Clubin

Banned
No, unfortunately nothing that fancy. Breaks, shears, manual punch, spot welders, everything else that is sheetmetal related. All my aluminun stuff is done by hand using die grinder bandsaw, drill press, basically a hand job. lol

Sounds like you want to a dominator pipe for me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
My DOM to Redcat fitting days may be ending soon. I would fit you a pipe though to help with that cancer sore on your truck, lol I am thinking some manufactures are not liking that I can weld and fabricate mods better than they can build it the first time.

Clubin

Banned
Sprint 77 said:
My DOM to Redcat fitting days may be ending soon. I would fit you a pipe though to help with that cancer sore on your truck, lol I am thinking some manufactures are not liking that I can weld and fabricate mods better than they can build it the first time.
Seriously you are getting flack? Buggers! They don't want to do it and they don't want any one else doing it either.

Sprint 77

Contributor
That is why I like large scale kits are almost extinct , but there is room for guys like Clubin , Jaysyourhandyman , Gas Jockey others and myself in large scale because there is lots of room and opurtunity to build our own designs and parts.

I might be working a deal on a already built ready to buy modified pipe it will be fabbed fitted and welded by my shop as some of you already have. It is early in the stage right now but , I am working the deal with one of our reputable forum members.

Sorry should have started a new thread this is Clubin 15 min fame thread sorry man You did a nice job on the cage mod, Check my cage mod thread sometime.

hellya

Hey clubin your truck is looking good man

Sprint 77 said:
Man there aren't many people that actually own the rampages... its not like 1000s of people want the pipes: not even 100sI think we only have like 200+memebers here...not all of them own rampages.From what I heard the manufacturer of the dom doesn't think there is a big enough market to produce pipes for the rampage...So whats up???:confused:So what if someone sent you a pipe... that wasnt the dom pipe but looked just like it....you couldnt mod it? It's not DDM's:rolleyes:I mean these pipes are $46 plus your charge for the mod....better than $160 and your charge for the mod:D 201010929_o.jpg

/monthly_2009_01/201010929_o.jpg.3c70f9d0d4a3c22081554237e954ea84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts