• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

cpi big bore pipe fit

blak__jak

i thought i'd post a couple pics of the cpi pipe on my d/r so if anyone was considering this as an option they could see what the fit was like. i had to make a couple aluminum brackets to raise the wing enough to clear the pipe and a friend of mine that works for alcoa aluminum is fabricating the 2 lower bumper pieces for me since they fit tightly against the can on the bottom of the pipe and would melt. all in all not that tuff to mod and i like the way it sounds and runs. it sure would be nice if someone would start offering something designed for the d/r that was protected by the cage and mod free

markrufrider

great job mate yer your right not enough company's do a strait bolt on exhaust kit for the dune runner its shocking

Chief409

Has anyone tried heating up the plastic parts of the roll cage with a heat gun, or boiling in water and bending them. Hopefully they would retain the shape when cooled down.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
The heat gun would work. Just gotta be careful not to melt it.
Should be able to move the rear bumpers away from the stingers on a CPI Big Bore pipe then, bow them out.

And the exhaust port is at the same height on the 4 bolt 30.5 builds as the CY 2 bolt engine, correct?

Just thinking right now.

Chief409

So, the only clearance problem is with one aluminum cross member at the top of the wing mount.

I think I saw a post where the pipe was mounted without raising the wing mount, tight fit and rubbing, but it did go together.

I'm asking because I don't have a band saw and drill press, but I do have access to some old heavy metal signs, using a hacksaw, files and drills I can create some brackets. Or, if it ALMOST fits, put a ding in the pipe.

blak__jak

chief to tell you the truth at first i wasn't all to sure i liked the big bore pipe. when i first mounted it i had just installed the esp head kit and the motor wasn't broke in yet and it seemed kind'a sluggish but now that i've run some fuel though it and it's had time to wake up i am more than pleased it screams now and i would do whatever i had to, to mount it again. until someone makes a rear mount pipe exclusively for the d/r i'm sticking with the cpi but take my word for it you're not just going to put a ding in the pipe to make it fit. the wing extensions i made out of a piece of aluminum with only a dremel tool,hand drill,and file no big deal as for using heat to bend the bumper pieces that may work i just got lucky and have a friend make them out of aluminum for me.

Chief409

The X-Can is working well with the stock engine, but nothing stays stock forever! Perhaps by the time I'm ready to get a built up 4 bolt engine, someone will have a rear pipe for the Dune Runner. If they don't the CPI Big Bore looks like the best bet to me. I'm trying to stay with hand tools, I lost all my shop equipment in a fire and haven't replaced much, prices are UP, quality is DOWN. Bought new furniture instead.

rampagemt

I will post a pic one my parts get here and my jet pro is installed I am thinking it will fit it better

G

rampagemt said:
I will post a pic one my parts get here and my jet pro is installed I am thinking it will fit it better
Look'n forward to it. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts