• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Couple short video's.

Clubin

Banned
Well, I hope you enjoy, I don't have any gears left, I ate up 3 sets and didn't even burn 2 tanks of fuel. I didn't break anything else though, only the krappy gears.

hamster huey

What engine/gearing/tires are you running? Is that sand or loose dirt? Gear cover or no gear cover? The reason I ask is because I drive on loose dirt/grass with no gear cover ,29/31 gears, excavator tires, 28.5cc, xcan, and I have got 5 tanks now on the same set of plastic gears. It is hilly and I do donuts and jump so I do drive medium hard.

DemonRC

That spot looks like a blast. Also, I can hear your gears whirring. You running a vented cover?

Clubin

Banned
hamster huey said:
What engine/gearing/tires are you running? Is that sand or loose dirt? Gear cover or no gear cover? The reason I ask is because I drive on loose dirt/grass with no gear cover ,29/31 gears, excavator tires, 28.5cc, xcan, and I have got 5 tanks now on the same set of plastic gears. It is hilly and I do donuts and jump so I do drive medium hard.
engine is a 28.5cc ported cylinder
Gearing is 30/30/25/25 25's are Ramtech steel

Tires are excavators

Gear cover installed but ventilated, it realy sucks I have to open it up to cool the gears yet the sand eats the gears.

That wining sound is the plastic CD gears screaming for mercy. lol

I was running 29/31, but I used them all up, and all I had left was a set of chewed up 30's. Well, all my plastic gears are gone now, both of my redcats are on the shelf waiting for gears, I refuse to buy any more plastic gears. I blew 40+ usd of them out my A$$ yesterday and didn't burn 2 tanks. I will concentrate on my 5T now I suppose.

I am patiently wating on steel gears.

hamster huey

I bet they are getting eaten from the sand +ported 28.5 + big gears + vented cover. A completly removed cover will cool them more but the sand would really get in there. Do you think the sand will mess with metal gears? You could have an interesting test on your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
hamster huey said:
I bet they are getting eaten from the sand +ported 28.5 + big gears + vented cover. A completly removed cover will cool them more but the sand would really get in there. Do you think the sand will mess with metal gears? You could have an interesting test on your hands.
Yep, I would have given the prototypes a real test. I guarantee the sand is eating them, but they sure look melted when they finally fail. I hope the gravel doesn't hurt the new steel gears, the Ramtech 25's are holding up just fine. I have put many gallons through my MCD's in the gravel pist with no upgraded steel gear failures, everything else on them breaks though.

I am looking forward to the upgrade. With that done all should be good. I beat it this weekend and all that I broke was the plastic gears, and front bumper, a barrell roll from the top of the gravel pile front to back. WHOOPS. lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts