• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

controller issues

newrcownerxbe

when i switch my RC car into the on position, it just takes off full throttle! (with or with out the remote control on) i have tried following the manuals for setting up the 2.4GHz transmitter...aswell as following the setup on the brushless speed controller. How do i stop it from running away?

RampageHopUps

Turn the transmitter on and hold the brake. Then turn on the receiver. Let us know what happens.

It sounds like your end points aren't set right.

newrcownerxbe

thank you for the responce...this is the user manual that came with my brushless speed controller...this was one of the very first steps i took before searching for online help.

Obeast44

Banned
Unplug the motor from the ESC. then plug the batteries up to the esc and power everything up. Try and get the trims and end poitns adjusted on the throttle so the little led on the ESC goes out.

newrcownerxbe

ok, i tried taking a couple more photos and videos of me trying to sync the transmitter, maybe some one can see something i am doing wrong (tried up loading a video here)

newrcownerxbe

ok i have tried that, unplugged everything and just plugged power to the esc...turned the 3 dials (every which way) and nothing, there is a constant red light on the esc

powerslave69

information overload

Obeast44 said:
If adjusting the EPAs doesn't work try this.
Unplug the motor wires from the ESC. Plug your batteries in and try resyncing the ESC to the controller. Heres is a manual to the ESC.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/HW-13-80-v2-e.pdf
I know this is not contributing to solve "newrc's" problem, but I bought an Airtronics M11 and man, turned that thing on, looked like a 747 control panel coz' I wanted to control 2 trucks on one TX. After I got done programming it, I got 1 truck that won't respond to my input and a runaway XT.

So I ended UP selling the M11 on eBay and settled for the stock Tx that came with my trucks. I know, I know, I can hear you guys yelling "ROOKIE!! ROOKIE!!" and I admit, I am the rookiest of all rookies, so shoot me :D

Sorry, I'm bored and damn rain still at it :mad:

newrcownerxbe

i tried following this manual which looks the same as the one you posted, but mine has my controllers name on it :) (S5-RTR ESC) still no luck tho :mad:

IMG-20110524-00323.jpg

/monthly_2011_05/IMG-20110524-00323.jpg.e73e060473f7be3ad24b05c42aefd22d.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
newrcownerxbe said:
ok i have tried that, unplugged everything and just plugged power to the esc...turned the 3 dials (every which way) and nothing, there is a constant red light on the esc
That leads me to believe its solely in the radio. Have you tried rebinding the TX/RX?

newrcownerxbe

im not sure what the TX and the RX are, but i have tried binding the transmitter with the car, again i got a manual (sheet of paper) to do this, however it is not very clear instructions

Obeast44

Banned
newrcownerxbe said:
im not sure what the TX and the RX are, but i have tried binding the transmitter with the car, again i got a manual (sheet of paper) to do this, however it is not very clear instructions
TX = Transmitter RX= Receiver

Thats a popular abbreviation for them that a lot RCers use. I will try and dig up something to help ya with binding it.

Does the steering work correctly when plugged in?

Heres a vid, its not the same exact radio but the procedure should be the same.

[ame]

[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

newrcownerxbe

Obeast44...you sir are the man...I have control of my XBE again, if it wasnt raining out id go tear up some grass to show you how happy I am. (and I found out what I was doing wrong, I didn't open up the box with the on/off switch on it, so I thought the ESC sync button was the controller bind button:eek:)

Obeast44

Banned
newrcownerxbe said:
Obeast44...you sir are the man...I have control of my XBE again, if it wasnt raining out id go tear up some grass to show you how happy I am. (and I found out what I was doing wrong, I didn't open up the box with the on/off switch on it, so I thought the ESC sync button was the controller bind button:eek:)
Ahh np, thanks goes to Ali. Thats his video :)

If ya have anymore questions hit me up via a PM and I will do my best to help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts