• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Considering this OBR 5.5hp PROSTOCK 30.5cc

brio

Hey Guys. I'm considering the purchase of this 5.5hp PROSTOCK 30.5cc 4 Bolt Long Block from OBR. i've heard great things about these engines and their great Cust Serv. I'm really looking for more power and low-end torque for my XT. I'd love to get some power wheelies out of this. I know it may not because it 4wd and mid engine mounted but I still want the power/torque and top-end from it. You think this engine will do it? Let me know what all you guys think. Thanks.

Link has info about the long block.

http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car/motor-monday-weekly-sale/6261-5-5hp-prostock-30-5cc-4-bolt-long-block.html

I should be able to use everything from my existing engine, right?

brio

Well, as long as I can get some "sick" take-off and strong pull, I'll be happy;) Are you using the HY carb or better? Do u recommend I try the HY carb first with this engine, see how it performs? Stuffed crank? Thats supposed to boost low-end, right?

Deluge

I don't like stuffed cranks. I've seen some gnarly pictures where some of the filler fell off in the engine.

brio

Deluge said:
I don't like stuffed cranks. I've seen some gnarly pictures where some of the filler fell off in the engine.
I'm new to gas engines. What filler are you referring to? Please explain. Thanks

brio

@Dusty...You gave me the answer before the question:). I see now, the metallic orange circles on the front of the crank. I notice now that the reg. cranks don't have that. Is that the stuffing, hence stuffed crank;)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts