• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

considering rampage or 5t??

considering rampage or 5t??

• Hpi 5T

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rampage MT5

• other model

• save tax return and buy something else

• Total voters

mooman007uk

Banned
which brings you close to a 5t price, but the ramp is now nearly bombproff, has 4wd and a 28.5 headkit. I'm sorry I've run with 5b's with my fgbaja and stomped them round tracks...the 5t is no more than a dressed up 5b and 5b's break more easily from my experience than my fg

afc

go for the Rampage. Simple, solid, cheap and better yet, cheaper parts.

Clubin

Banned
chucked said:
I voted 5t because the reliability beats redcat 10 fold, you need to spend another $500 on the redcat off that bat to even get it half decent
Don't bash here, you won't get much support.
99% of us are extremely happy with our Rampages.

Upgrades are half the fun of the hobby, I have never complained about what it cost to upgrade I enjoy modifying and changing. You should see my shop, I have spare parts from everything rc you could imagine.

If I was in the market for another 5th scale I'd buy another Rampage in a second.

Rampage is in a different catagory than the 5t anyway. I have aRear wheel spinner already, and that is enough for me.

I just wish I could get parts locally, for my model's. HPI parts are available, but I still wouldn't buy one, they are just not my cup of tea.

chucked

Im not bashing, im telling the truth!!!!! Who still uses the stock throttle servo? They might as well come without it, it sucks trying to sell someone a $800 rc truck and tell them they need to replace the throttle servo right away!!!

kryptonite

chucked said:
Im not bashing, im telling the truth!!!!! Who still uses the stock throttle servo? They might as well come without it, it sucks trying to sell someone a $800 rc truck and tell them they need to replace the throttle servo right away!!!
enough with this dude, just wait till you sack a 5t.. those servos are junk as well. its just the way it is. I HAVE AN SS and i have had an rtr. thats 2 hpi's. every thing that went wrong on your tt will go wrong on your 5t. spur gears melt, gear plates flex AND melt, shock shafts bend, AND leak, and rims rub on the rear arms, and stock tires last 3 tanks on a 5b. the stock "metal" geared servo is only HALF metal gears.. wait till you blow the stock diff after 3 tanks.. they don't have an UPGRADE KIT.. ITS $80 for a diff!!! you are obveously an amature, good luck with your purchase.

chucked

I'm definitely not am amateur, I just cant get 3 fiddlesticking tanks of gas through this thing without spending a fortune every 10 minutes of run time!!!!! so far, in 3 tanks of fuel, I have, broken 2 rims, 2 steering mounts, melted 2 gears, and melted the upgraded gear mount. That's pathetic if you ask me, especially considering most of it was done on flat brand new asphalt driving in straight lines back and fourth because I know if I dared take it off road I would break something major. BTW RIMS ARE 50 A PAIR!!!!!! So that's about 5 dollars a minute to run it. BUT, I will admit, I'm biting the bullet, I ordered the aluminum gear mount, and converting it to HPI rims, tires, and hubs. I will be ordering steel gears when they come back in stock. When I do this I will also be installing everything in the upgrade kit.

IMADMAN

chucked said:
I'm definitely not am amateur, I just cant get 3 fiddlesticking tanks of gas through this thing without spending a fortune every 10 minutes of run time!!!!! so far, in 3 tanks of fuel, I have, broken 2 rims, 2 steering mounts, melted 2 gears, and melted the upgraded gear mount. That's pathetic if you ask me, especially considering most of it was done on flat brand new asphalt driving in straight lines back and fourth because I know if I dared take it off road I would break something major. BTW RIMS ARE 50 A PAIR!!!!!! So that's about 5 dollars a minute to run it. BUT, I will admit, I'm biting the bullet, I ordered the aluminum gear mount, and converting it to HPI rims, tires, and hubs. I will be ordering steel gears when they come back in stock. When I do this I will also be installing everything in the upgrade kit.
So are you keeping the Rampage or selling it? I thought you were done with it?

Piranha2

Contributor
"I'm definitely not am amateur, I just cant get 3 f**king tanks of gas" How nice!........So you run RC's as a profession? You should get "chucked".

Last edited by a moderator:

cable97526

I can say this very clearly from experience, I have owned an FG MT for years and recently sold it, it was a great machine, after that I purchased a 5B with 26 zenoah and it was also a great machine, BUT had it's limitations first of all it was very low and bashing was not an option. Second people who know 1/5 scales and sand know that there is no need to run paddles unless you have one hell of a fire breathing monster. Third I recently took my Redcat MT to hosier depot coos bay (very similar to Glamis) and it did great!!!! no paddles required, just a pipe, headkit, and stock gears. Fourth and last I will soon have video of a 5B and the Redcat jumping and I can tell you from EXPERIANCE that they both jump like S*&T!!! when compared to my 8ight T, But once you learn them I'm now clearing 15 foot gaps on hard pack with my MT (without breakage). I absolutely love my MT and I have even sold my FG because I completely quit using it. I vote Redcat with HOPUPS

topdog802

i have almost 2 gallons in my truck, the only thing ive broke so far is the body(it was -20on the lake). i still have the stock gears, arms, diff pins.... i got hi tec servos, gutted the can and i drive it like i stole the thing, screaming aroung in 10in of snow jumping 10ft snow banks. this truck is great. its my first 1/5, i thought about the baja but i joined this forum and now i own a redcat! i wouldnt trade it for anything else.

RampageHopUps

cable97526 said:
Second people who know 1/5 scales and sand know that there is no need to run paddles unless you have one hell of a fire breathing monster.
Wow, could you explain this one? Or show some movies of your cars running in sand without paddles?

The 5T does well without paddles, but I never saw a 5B with stock tires move in the sand.

Piranha2

Contributor
I've been watching Mooman's and Gas Jocky's videos and the MT really is prone to breakage, huh? LMAO

cable97526

RampageHopUps said:
Wow, could you explain this one? Or show some movies of your cars running in sand without paddles?
The 5T does well without paddles, but I never saw a 5B with stock tires move in the sand.
:( Sorry I was getting a little over anxious about a post before mine, Your right the 5B does warrant paddles in the sand. I was actually refering to the FG and my MT. I have run paddles on both and because of the "grip" of the paddles it bogged them down more than it helped. I would also stand to think that the 5T would need paddles in the sand also because of the small tire diameter and width, but again because of the floatation factor of the larger tires and deep tread design there is no need for paddles on an FG or MT.

chucked

Whatever, if you want reliability go 5t, if you want 4wd and to spend lots and lots of money replacing parts and not a lot of time running, go rampage.

IMADMAN

chucked said:
Whatever, if you want reliability go 5t, if you want 4wd and to spend lots and lots of money replacing parts and not a lot of time running, go rampage.
So you selling it or keeping it?

mooman007uk

Banned
chucked said:
BUT, I will admit, I'm biting the bullet, I ordered the aluminum gear mount, and converting it to HPI rims, tires, and hubs. I will be ordering steel gears when they come back in stock. When I do this I will also be installing everything in the upgrade kit.
Did you order the tires yet, the proline desparados and excavators are a bit bigger than the redcat ones and quite a bit bigger than the hpi ones.

Once you've done your listed upgrades I'm sure you'll change your view on the rampage.

I'm with clubin, i'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Oh and if you haven't already boil your plastic bits as alot of us do here...it really does work...

Clubin

Banned
chucked said:
I don't know what to tell you....I know... I'll buy your Rampage-Since you hate it so much.

IMADMAN

kryptonite said:
i already asked. sounds like he's trying to put that new Bentley on lay-away
Don't know man I asked 2x's in this thread, he claims he's disgusted with the rampage and selling it, then later says he's getting parts for it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.