• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Considering a deal on Craigslist, Need advice

BigMark503

hello everyone, i just found a 1/5 Dunerunner 4x4 with 28.5 cc engine on CL and talked the guy down to 200 bucks. no controller and needs a couple parts put back together. my question is would this be a good project buggy? are these reliable engines or should i be worried about having to buy a new engine right away? also what things should i be looking when i go see the buggy this afternoon? The link is below for visual. i have a 1/6 shredder and been wanting to convert it over to a buggy, this might be a very good alternative and have both.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tag/4098831486.html

G

200 is a give away so I would not expect it to be in good condition. It is good you can see it in person.

Have the seller start it for you. It is easy to damage the two strokes from running lean. If it doesn't run there is a good chance the motor needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Look for anything that could be broke or worn badly. Especially all drive shafts and cups.

The good news is parts are inexpensive. However, if many are needed a new one might be the wiser choice.

BigMark503

RCDAD said:
200 is a give away so I would not expect it to be in good condition. It is good you can see it in person.Have the seller start it for you. It is easy to damage the two strokes from running lean. If it doesn't run there is a good chance the motor needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Look for anything that could be broke or worn badly. Especially all drive shafts and cups.

The good news is parts are inexpensive. However, if many are needed a new one might be the wiser choice.
Yeah that was my concern if the motor got fried already, he said it runs great and only has about an hour on the motor. He has no controller for it but i will take a good look to see if it actually has more run time than what he says. one hour isnt very much run time on a car so the wear should be minimal. if it isnt then i might just pass it up to avoid the rebuild costs. I have a good eye for broken or damaged parts from being a mechanic for quiet some time. i was the RC guru with my unit while deployed and always had to fix buddies cars and trucks when they got beat up from bashing. I have my fingers crossed that it starts up without issues.

rcgasser

$200.00 WOW what a steal but yes I would take my radio and receiver from your shredder so you can drive it before you buy.

BigMark503

yeah i was thinking about doing that with the controller and receiver, 200 is a steal indeed. Then again i was thinking of buying it regardless and if engine is smoked then I will just convert it to a dual brushless setup just for kicks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts