• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Compatible Brushless Motors

DemonRC

Tekin TT2364 looks promising. It's close in diameter to the 1717 so it should fit. The Tekin is 1350KV and should run cooler than the 1580 KV 1717.

I'm just checking around as I'm about to bite the bullet and get me a XB/E.

Obeast44

Banned
Can ya find some that are about 10mm longer? The 1717 has a little extra room length wise :D

I will do some checking when I get up tonight.

deno6031

Can somebody tell me if a leopard 5692 motor will fit? I am gonna buy one xb-e but will not using the stock electronics. the motor has a diameter of 56mm and it 92mm long

(first post in this forum :D )

lateralrectus

Just ordered my XBE and a Castle 1717. Does anyone know if the motor fits right in without modification? Can I use the stock ESC?

Anyone have any good battery suggestions?

deno6031

it fits almost with no modifications, you just have to drill the motor mount because the 1717 is using m4 screws, and you have to change the connectors on the esc to 6.5mm bullet connectors.the stock esc will handle it just fine :) buy some 5000mah or even 8000mah zippy lipos to get much more better runtimes

lateralrectus

Do you mean drill to enlarge the holes in the mount to accomodate the screws? Or drill the Chassis in some way? Thanks

lateralrectus

Thanks!

Do you think this car is gonna be quick with this motor? I've heard good things, but I've yet to see for myself.

deno6031

do not know, but i assume it will be better, in speed acceleration and efficience(more runtime).my friend uses his 1717 motor in an ofna lx-1e, we had to drill the motor mount on it to :D that 1717 isn't a motor, it is a monster against my neu 1415 motor

bobi

DemonRC said:
Tekin TT2364 looks promising. It's close in diameter to the 1717 so it should fit. The Tekin is 1350KV and should run cooler than the 1580 KV 1717.
I'm just checking around as I'm about to bite the bullet and get me a XB/E.
I have purchased the Tekin 1350kv and will be trying it anyday now so, I will let you know how it works.

lateralrectus

I know what you mean. I have a Tekin 2650 Kv in my MRC ZRB-1 buggy with 11.1 V 4000 Turnigy packs x 2. The car probably does 75 -80mph. I can't pull the throttle all the way down until I'm at 1/2 speed or the car flips over.

I would love to put that new Castle 2028 in the XBE, but everyone i've asked said there is no way it will fit. The 1717 is a good starting point, but I'm gonna be looking for something with more power. Something that fits, and can handle 8S to 10S (maybe connected to the new Castle ESC). I will keep monitoring the forum for ideas.

DemonRC

bobi said:
I have purchased the Tekin 1350kv and will be trying it anyday now so, I will let you know how it works.
I'd be very interested to see how it runs. Apparently we have alot of motor choices in that 46mm diameter and 77mm length range.

deno6031

lateralrectus said:
I know what you mean. I have a Tekin 2650 Kv in my MRC ZRB-1 buggy with 11.1 V 4000 Turnigy packs x 2. The car probably does 75 -80mph. I can't pull the throttle all the way down until I'm at 1/2 speed or the car flips over.
I would love to put that new Castle 2028 in the XBE, but everyone i've asked said there is no way it will fit. The 1717 is a good starting point, but I'm gonna be looking for something with more power. Something that fits, and can handle 8S to 10S (maybe connected to the new Castle ESC). I will keep monitoring the forum for ideas.
i am planning to run 10s lipo with a leopard 5692 motor :D 730kv one

http://www.leopardhobby.com/product/product_veiws.asp?id=1256&functionID=01020202

those are copies of neu motors, 4 pole, with a very god effiency, and 30 bucks more than a 1717 :D but i don't know if it will fit(don't have a xb-e yet, will buy one soon.....)

lateralrectus

motor

i am planning to run 10s lipo with a leopard 5692 motor 730kv one

http://www.leopardhobby.com/product/...ionID=01020202

those are copies of neu motors, 4 pole, with a very god effiency, and 30 bucks more than a 1717 but i don't know if it will fit(don't have a xb-e yet, will buy one soon.....)

...If you are gonna run 10S, what ESC will you use? Is that motor rated for 10S lipo?

deno6031

as you can see in the link the motor is capable of 12s lipo(50volt), so 10s won't be a problem.i will use the turnigy sentilon esc, and will use mechanical brakes.search in google for 'brushless rampage mt' there is a man named aqwut, he is using the sentilon esc with a big a** lehner motor without heating issues

Obeast44

Banned
The guys over on RCM seem to agree that the leopard motors are a decent alternative to the much higher priced Lehners/Plettys.

The 5692 its gonna be a tough squeeze inside the XBe. I honestly hope you guys have luck fitting it in there. The extra 6mm in diameter is gonna be rough. It was the motor I was considering, but I couldnt justify the purchase not knowing if it could be made to fit.

Im gonna go take some serious measurements, for you guys. But don't expect it (the 5692 or the 2028) to fit, without modifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Just took a few measurements. The absolute maximum length you can stuff in there without moving the center spur mount is 105mm.

deno6031

Obeast, can you measure how much area there is between your 1717 motor and the bottom chassis plate?i mean how many milimeters is the motor floating over the chassis, can we fit a 56mm diameter motor, i will be using a much bigger pinion, so it won't be touching the central dogbones.

here is video of the leopard motor with 11s fepo(same voltage as 10s lipo)

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8065394/Brushless_HPI_Baja

Obeast44

Banned
deno6031 said:
Obeast, can you measure how much area there is between your 1717 motor and the bottom chassis plate?i mean how many milimeters is the motor floating over the chassis, can we fit a 56mm diameter motor, i will be using a much bigger pinion, so it won't be touching the central dogbones.
here is video of the leopard motor with 11s fepo(same voltage as 10s lipo)

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8065394/Brushless_HPI_Baja
I will check and edit this post. I cant get an exact measure because all I have is some old fashion dial calipers.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't think there is enough clearance. You might have 2 millimeters at most underneath the 1717.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.