• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Colman fuel

BertR

I know this has been asked once or twice but he'll im going to ask again..is there any proformance gains using Coleman fuel on a modified engine. Just wondering if it's worth giving the time of day.

Sergio

i know you wont have the smell of gas at home i have that trouble my wife keeps kicking me out with my toys lol

BertR

I have to empty my fart cart after I run it or my dog gets my side of the bed too. I know it's fine to use without the smell but that's all I know about it ok you can cook with it lol.

BertR

Thanks for the link .. That was the one I remember reading I had to ask because my droid won't work on the search application at the top of the page

Ryneito

I use a droid x and mine doesn't either. But i have figured out how to do it. If your at the forums main screen, try clicking advanced search then you can type in what you want but it you just click on search it wont work. Hope that helps you.

G

Don't you guys put the cars away with an empty fuel tank?

BertR

Yes that is correct. my better half would kill me if I entered the house with gas in the tank lol. it's so bad that there is no fish allowed in the freezer haha.I was just wondering if a modified engine would benefit from coleman fuel but it looks like regular pump is no diff.I think I just found my power gain as I was cleaning up from a run at the sand pit :D where the stinger is welded to my pipe on the inside it has a 3/16 exit hole due to a nasty weld bead around the inside and the ID of the stinger looks to be 7/16 so I cleared the obstruction to match the stinger and hope that opens up my port job a bit more.

alfred e numan

Another idea for the gas fume problem - buy some of those heavy duty black garbage bags, push the offending r-c-s into the bag, then twist the open end a few turns- tye it off with a nylon rope- Some people get splitting headakes - hell, when i first moved here i bought the finest carpet-pad money could buy- I started feeling like crap all the time- leave the house for an hour- come back home- open the door and the fumes would knock me over- while i was in the house- i could not smell it- Guess what Alfred did. Bought new utility knife blades- cut it up- hauled it to the dump. This 1950s era home has real oak - old school floors- 3/4" thick. The real deal. Smells like oak now. Yea, try the garbage bag idea---- A.Numan.

alfred e numan

not trying to get off topic folks- just saying that some people feel poorly from gas- out gassing pressed particle board- plastics- houses are built too air-tight- not healthy- riff raff contractors installed imported drywall- really messed people up bad- black mold- Tests have been done to peoples blood- Americans had about 20 times more house hold toxins in there blood than people from Europe did- just saying----- europe banned things a long time ago. as for the coleman fuel- i would not run it in the lawnmower, let alone my r-c-s.

BertR

You always have such good advise lol. The little lady is flying out to Napa Valley for a week and a half so you can guarantee something will get started in the house lol.

Trip..

I can see the point of no gas fumes, but damn that camp fuel is over 10 bux a gallon! Isn't this hobby expensive enough?

Buy some 87 swill, I mean gas, and try some Klotz oil to change the scent of the fuel.

For those that don't already know, Klotz smells similar to Monster Horsepower nitro fuel when it burns.

rampagemt

Re: Colman fuel

I love klotz I have been running the super techbiplate and smells good!!!

alfred e numan

long time ago, camp fuel was sold at gas stations. it was called white gas then. people used it to clean parts. it has no anti-knock attiteves in it. it was just about given away -so cheap to buy. now 10 bucks a gallon? i buy 92 octane non ethanol for $4.01 per gallon- vp 110 c race gas for $8.00 per gallon.- Yea, the non ethanol is cheaper than the ethanol laced gas in my area-- whats wrong with this picture huh? i just do not get it---

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts