• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Clubin's MT

Clubin

Banned
Well I was painting all day. Here is how it turned out.

I installed the O-Rings in the inner and outer diff outdrives.

I also installed the HPI boots on the inner+outer rear dog bones and just the inner fronts. I will do the centre shafts when I yank the engine out to do a few other mods.

misc020.jpg

misc021.jpg

misc022.jpg

misc023.jpg

Gas Jocky

Looks great Clayton! I'm liken the paint job. Makes a big difference when the windows are painted on straight unlike the pre painted bodies! lol.Be sure to drywall tape and shoe goo the inside or it will be a lot of work down the drain first time it flips!

Clubin

Banned
I realy appreciate you pointing me to the Redcat GJ.

I should realy shoe goe a few areas, the lexan is so thick though. Where do the shells crack?

I am just waiting for a few more orders to arrive. I will post more pictures of it as it progresses. I definetly won't be driving it any time soon. -28 to -30c daytime high's all week:eek:.

Gas Jocky

-30... holy deepfreeze Batman! I'm whining about -3 !! Where do the bodys crack........... absolutly everywhere! They are really brittle. That's why I'm using an MCD shell, had mine on for months now and it was well used when I put it on the Rampage.

yolonda21

Contributor
Fiberglass drywall tape and shoe goo the whole thing, or it wont last a day. Ilanded on the roof and it broke in half. Now its got 4 tubes off shoe goo and drywall tape and its all good.

Bryan 70546

yolonda21 said:
Fiberglass drywall tape and shoe goo the whole thing, or it wont last a day. Ilanded on the roof and it broke in half. Now its got 4 tubes off shoe goo and drywall tape and its all good.
And I though i was the only one with a cracked body mine did not last five minutes on the first tank of gas . Does redcat know of this problem

Clubin

Banned
Bryan 70546 said:
And I though i was the only one with a cracked body mine did not last five minutes on the first tank of gas . Does redcat know of this problem
You get what you pay for. The bodies are cheap the lexan is very thick, I am going to run a MCD MT body on mine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts