• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Choke and HSN and LSN Question

Deluge

The circled area is what they're talking about. That's your idle screw. Turning it clockwise will open the throttle plate, which raises the idle. I'm sure you already knew this, just stating the obvious. The linkage can't cause the issue, because that screw is what limits how far the throttle plate can close. You can brake as hard as you want, the idle screw is going to stop the throttle plate, regardless.

mvaughn12

Deluge said:
The circled area is what they're talking about. That's your idle screw. Turning it clockwise will open the throttle plate, which raises the idle. I'm sure you already knew this, just stating the obvious. The linkage can't cause the issue, because that screw is what limits how far the throttle plate can close. You can brake as hard as you want, the idle screw is going to stop the throttle plate, regardless.
LOL thanks for the pictorial. I see that the idle plate is being stopped byt the idle scrwew but it's still cutting off. I'm actually stumped by this. I'm also noticing that if if i barely touch the throttle on my transmitter it idles up higher and stays there. I've adjusted the HSN and truthfully I'm thinking or replacing the carb. Unless I'm going deaf, when I tweak the HSN i should hear the engine go up or down depending on which way i turn the needle buti't actually seem to be staying the same.

G

You won't get a change at idle with the HSN. That needle starts to do its job at about 1/3 throttle. The LSN needs to be adjusted for the issues you are describing.

mvaughn12

Ok I got it figured out lol had to go back to the very basics. But I was able to fix it. Thanks again guys for your help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts