• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis reinforcement ideas??

Rmwgk1

Hey everyone! Im in the process of doing mods to My mt strengthen chassis anyway I can. I already drilled the hinge pin retainer brackets on both diffs and have them bolted down nicely!! ( forget who posted a thread on that but much props for that idea!!) does anyone have any other options? What about the aluminum roll cage for mt? Is it any good on its own? Any thoughts would help, thanks everybody.

Obeast44

Banned
The Alloy rollcage from Redcat....sucks. Don't bother wasting your money on it. Make some gussets to mount on the chassis and shock tower to tie them all together. These were made by a forum member and stiffened up my old MT quite nicely.

Rmwgk1

Wow!!!! Awesome cage!! You mentioned a form member made that?? Could they make another??$$$ hint hint :) . I will deffinitely get started on that thank you!! Oh and is that steel roll cage?

Obeast44

Banned
The cage was made by DemonRC a few years back. I got it off of him in a trade. Its made from 3/8 inch Chromoly (sp?) steel tubing. Its super light and super strong, strong enough that my 300+lb butt could stand on it without worry. The silver gussets from the shock towers to the chassis were made by Forist a few years ago as well. That truck was solid as a rock, heavy as shit but damn near indestructible.

Ron E

Contributor
Here's a aluminum cage a local fabricator made for me, it mounts to the shock towers to eliminate flex. If you can't find someone to make a cage for you the shock tower braces like obeast & others have are a simple fix. just bolt a support rod on all 4 corners of shock towers to the chassis. but there's just something really cool about a custom cage.

35ccttpics007.jpg

35ccttpics006.jpg

35ccttpics005.jpg

35ccttpics008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts