• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis flex

Knuckles

My xbe is headed for shelf queen status until ol'farts chassis comes out, every time I run it I bend a front driveshaft. Guess it is back to the savage flux until chassis is done.

krashkrieg

Contributor
You do put a lot a power through that thing... :D I think ol fart is almost ready with his chassis so it shouldn't be long...

I do love my flux as well..have had it longer than any other RC in the last 10 years

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'm thinking of one also. I like the idea of a longer wheel base. I will need a project for the new Grafil Rally body. :D

Knuckles

Do you guys know if the new chassis is going to be stock length? My savage has to much to list, here is a couple of things: flm xl side plates, mamba 2200 system, kershaw extended arms.

G

I believe the plan is for it to be a bit longer.

02-01-2012, 09:58 AMOl' fart

Advertiser

Sooooon

I have plans for aluminum arms but they will be extra long (+1inch per side)

They will fit on a new aluminum chassis that is 4" longer. This will result in a wheel base that will match the size of the Losi 5ive. There will soon be aftermarket body's for the Losi and I want to make it posible to convert the X series Redcats to this new size.

If there is intrest, I'll make reg. size arms too.

7075rc

Ol' fart

The one I'm working on will be stock length. However it is a three piece assembly. The main chassis is 6061 aluminum. The area's that the diff housings attach to are bolted to the main chassis and are made from 7075 aluminum and or steel. It is much stronger than the stock chassis and if you manage to bend it you just have to replace the insert, not the whole chassis.

It is hogged out of 3/8th plate with extensive ribbing so there is very little flex AND it is lighter than the stock one.

It could be made longer by extending the inserts but you will have to deal with getting longer drivshafts.

The 4 inch longer and wider chassis will come later.

This is the first try. The finished one will be very similar.

Knuckles

When will it be available ol'fart? Idea on price would be nice but does not matter, at this point price is not an option, I want to beat this thing like i do to my savage

Ol' fart

Not sure yet

Don't want to sell them 'till I know they hold up. I will try to get one to the Powerjam coming up soon. The price will be around $125 I could do some things to drive the price down and I could add to the price too. The best thing to do is ask you'all what you want.

Hard anodize price UP

sandblast only DOWN

The plastic side covers are a pain in the ass to incorperate UP

Just cover the front of the chassis DOWN

I have to Mod the chassis to fit the stock servo UP

Nobody use's the stock servo, F-it DOWN

Ya get the idea...Hell. I could make a low cost one and a high end one.

G

I'm all for high end! I can't see you making anything that is not. I like the anodizing. And I like the side guards. Don't need the stock servo mount. I can't see any one doing this much to a vehicle and not running a better servo.

krashkrieg

Contributor
IMHO

- Side guards are good to keep the body in line and keep dirt out...

- As long as I can mount a HiTec 1/4 scale in there that's great...

- I really like the black anodized look, also more resistant to dings and scratches.

Knuckles

I agree, I want all the bells and whistles. I would pay for one and really test the hell out of it!!!! Ol'fart let me know if you need a test person.

bigfol

Side guards are a must, I don't use a stock servo......go with the top end version. I really need one now, just got back from a boys weekend rc bashing at the farm,standard chassis didn't hold up.............. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
I'm all for high end! I can't see you making anything that is not. I like the anodizing. And I like the side guards. Don't need the stock servo mount. I can't see any one doing this much to a vehicle and not running a better servo.
+1 the side guards are a must!!!!!

Ol' fart

All good.

Test fitted all the parts to the frame and they all fit well. Went with the flanges,it will be really stiff now.

I'm going to have them hard anodized. They can be the same cotor as the stock ones but I'm going black.

Pic's by Wednesday.

Knuckles

Will the new chassis have new braces or are you making new ones for it? Will it have mounts for the hitec servo or stock ones? Looking foward to new chassis, also heard from Jamie at fastlane and they are looking into doing redcat dogbones etc. if all of us show interest in dogbones and any other drivetrain parts I am sure it will be a greater demand will be there, drop them emails and see if you get a response. It does normally take a while though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts