• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis Flex

bbuzzard

Contributor
Can someone confirm how much chassis flex is exhibited on the XB? From what I can tell in Alishmao's (Redcat) videos, there is definitely some flexing going on. Should we be concerned? :confused:

TIA

DemonRC

The production release versions are upgraded with a chassis "brace" to help with any flex. Upgrade alloy and carbon fiber upper plates and braces will also be available shortly. I wouldn't be concerned about it.

bbuzzard

Contributor
Thanks for clearing that up...been hearing some hearsay also and I wanted to ensure that it was addressed.

peace

b

amstel78

DemonRC said:
The production release versions are upgraded with a chassis "brace" to help with any flex. Upgrade alloy and carbon fiber upper plates and braces will also be available shortly. I wouldn't be concerned about it.
Has this chassis brace been implemented in the latest XB's? I was looking at my XB tonight and didn't really see anything in the form of a chassis brace to prevent flexing and consequently breaking the diff housings.

G

The XB now has both a front and rear top plate. They come plastic, but the rear can be upgraded to an aluminum version.

G

Yeah, I still want one also. :D . Next year ill do a tare down and rebuild.

amstel78

RCDAD said:
The XB now has both a front and rear top plate. They come plastic, but the rear can be upgraded to an aluminum version.
Not sure what you mean by top plate for front and rear... what's the part number so I can see what you're referring to? I was looking at the XB the other day and still couldn't see something to prevent the chassis from flexing from a hard landing.

I will upgrade eventually to the 7075RC chassis but was just curious. I saw this brace on the 7075RC website and was wondering where it went. I didn't see a plastic version hence my original question.

http://www.7075rc.flyingcart.com/index.php?p=detail&pid=9&cat_id=

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts