• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Chassis difference between v1 and v3

mark '87 930

Are there any differences in the chassis between a V1 and V3 vehicle? I assume all mounting is the same, so weight? Stiffness? Strength?

Is it worth upgrading if you have a V1 and can get a VERY cheap new chassis ($25 still in box).

PS I'll introduce myself as soon as I get my new to me Rampage.

rob64n

Contributor
if you have a v1 and you can get a v3 chassis for 25 then you shouldn't pass that up, but you will need the v3 diff cases, you can't purchase the v1 diff cases no longer so eventually all that have a v1 including myself will have to buy the v3 chassis and diff cases

chevy

Like rob said v2 diff cases are dis continued V2 chassis has notches to accept v2 diff case v3 chassis has 3 small holes to accept v3 gearbox the v3 chassis also has tabs for suspension arm droop also v3 chassis has holes drilled already for dual steering pthey both arw pretty much the same everywhere else it a matter of choice v3 chassis has dual steering and parts like diff cases to upgrade you need v3 diff cases and v3 chassis 90.00 for the chassis and like 30.00 for two v3 diff cases if you have the extra cash its worth upgrading. But like you said 25.00 for a new v3 chassis then you would only have to get v3 diff cases .oh and mark your private messeges are turned off i couldnt pm you.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

the rally uses v1 dif cases and scott at van hobby told me the rally parts are available again. I trimmed a v3 case to fit my rally for now but there is that option out there. nitrorc shop also has the rally parts

mark '87 930

Thanks for your help guys, I think I'll pick up that chassis and order a few diff cases for the if's and when I need it.

Chevy, thanks for the note, I went in and changed that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts