• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Changing Tires / Gearnig Question...

Jeebus

Hello

I have a MT3 Pro, i just got the other day. Im just starting to break it in, and get used to it. I did some mods to it right off the bat, because it was down for 3 days when i got it because of redcat not including a reciever with it...

Anyways, It has the 30cc motor, and i installed an X-Can pipe, and a set of 5t hubs and 5t wheels with proline "trencher" tires on them.

My problem is, that my truck seems to level off with speed at about half throttle, and it just seems slow....

Would that wheel and tire combo require me to swap gears out to compensate for the tire size? it just seems really odd that it tops out so quickly.

Any suggesgions on what gear combination to run?

thanks

Taylor

3892c5d2.jpg

hamster huey

If youre running the MT gears that sounds normal. I have trenchers and I think they work best with buggy gears. Ive tried swapping the buggy gears to go faster but to me it seemed a little boggy. I felt the buggy gears w/ trenchers worked best.

Jeebus

obeast44, ware can i find those gears your refering to... i cant seem to locate them anyware on the DDM site...

Taylor

Martin

I have a 28/32 - 25/25 set for sale in the for sale section, I know they are expensive but I want to sell it.

Jeebus

Im sorry that im strugling to understand this... but here is what gear options i have found, which one is my best choice to gain a bit more top end, and not top out so fast.

31T x 1

25T x 2

29T x 1

35T x 1

25T x 3

thanks alot for all the help, its greatly appriceated!

Obeast44

Banned
There is a stickie here, its post #2 that shows all the gearing options. There are a few more options available now but those will be sufficient.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=97

don't worry about the C/D gears as those will likely always be 25/25. As you can see with 25/35 A/B gears thats almost as low as you can go. Thats stock gearing for an MT, the stock TT uses a 29/31 A/B ratio. With the larger diameter Trenchers, the Xcan, the fact thats its an MT Pro, the highest ratio I would try would be 27/33.

DON 44

Contributor
the tires are to small for the gears.if your running hpi hub and wheels on a redcat mt you need to change the gears to 29/31 or 31/29....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.