• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Changing a Dunerunner 4WD into a 2WD

racegig

Anyone tried turning a Dunerunner 4WD into a 2WD by removing a shaft ?

If so what is the better way to do it ?

Dreggsta

i would think removing not only the front drive shaft but also replace the front cvd's (if you have them) w/rear drive cups for axles or just remove the cvd from the drive cup/axle. that way the gears in the diff do not turn w/the wheels.

Loud72

I did this for racing on a 1/5 scale Off Road track and found the stress was too much on the gears and dog bones so I went back to 4wd... If not jumping 10 feet through the air you'll probably be good :)

Regards,

Loud72

rampagemt

I tried in 2wd last year and I had new pins in my 3 remaining dogbones to keep it 2wd and i chewed the pins more then 90% in 2 tanks so 4wd for the dunney

rampagemt

RCDAD said:
I'd just run it with the front wheels off. :D JK
Better yet I will try skis up front on grass with kold cutters on some hostiles :rolleyes: maybe try hitting the lake to to keep the pins well lubricated with rust haha j.k guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts