• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Changes Made From V2 to V3

RampageHopUps

The full shock will mount up to a V1, but the shafts wont directly fit into the V1 plastics.

jigawatt

word... that's the answer I was lookin for. I figured as much that the "new" shock itself would mount up.

jasonhpi

hamster huey said:
Stop, youre being modest. Theres more than that! I cant emphasize how blown away I am with my v3 Im building. Everyone who bought a v3 but never had a v1 or v2: YOU don't KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE! I started with a v1 and the other Ramp in my garage is a v1 with the v2 upgrades. These v3s are awesome! I got it yesterday so I started on my new build today. It seems to me to have the important v2 features (gearplate, chassis brace, thick chassis brace posts, vented bell). The MT body seems more flexible but it may just be me. It is a highly improved v2 for sure. Here is the list of differences I had for the v3:
1. Dual servo steering installed

2. CY 26cc/walbro 668 but marketed as HY

3. Heat sink th/br servo

4. 5mm shock shafts

5. Vented clutch bell

6. Slightly looser fuel tank vent

7. Droop chassis (no more modding shocks or arms!)

8. White gears

9. Screws w/nuts through the bumper skids

10. 2.4 ghz

11. Knurled wheel nuts

12. New version D shaft

13. Walbro style fuel clunk

14. Perfect length center bones

15. Perfect length wheel cvds

In addtition the following parts look machined and may be a different metal:

1. Front chassis brace (also a slightly different shape)

2. Steering rack connector

3. Rear toe pin holders X2

4. Th/br plate

I hope the v3 dunerunner Im saving for is this nice!
I remember there being problems with the d shaft. You note there is a new version. Has this fixed the problem?

hamster huey

I don't know where that term came from. I call it the D shaft cause its that shaft the D gear rides on. I got it from someone else. Makes sense so thats what I call it. Funny I never thought about it. What is the proper term?

gearchartrampage.jpg

/monthly_2009_12/gearchartrampage.jpg.30191e6e02abaa8a41ba2e2f8941e7af.jpg

RampageHopUps

OK, that is the Steel Brake Hub and Steel LayShaft. The square drive was made out of aluminum before, but is now steel. I suggest adding a drop of green loctite to hold it all together.

angryrecords

I've put a lot of thought into my decision, buy new, or used, I made up my mind. I will buy a new v3 MT because I'd like to be able to replace the engine if anything ever goes wrong for free. I think it would be smart to start from scratch building up the new v3.

grf

does anyone know what exactly is the version3 diff?

is it a v1 with the upgrade kit installed or something else?

i ve seen the diff gear set sold as v3 only but i do not understand what is the difference.

grf

yes but the upgrade kit has the bigger pins too.

what is the difference between the version 2 (or upgrade kit) and the version 3 if any.

i ve seen these and got a bit confused

version 1 that i understand

http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/50frdigeset.html

these that i believe are the version2/upgrade kit

http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/50067--new-frontrear-diffgear-se5006735.html

and these that say version3 but do not understand what is the difference from the ones above

http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/50067n-frontrear-diffgear-set-for-v500673.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin

In my opinion, there is no difference from V2 to V3 differential parts, anyway there is no room for any improvement in the differential.

Deluge

krashkrieg said:
There isn't except for the bigger drive pin
If I'm correct, the V3 comes with 3.5mm pins. My V2 also came with 3.5mm pins. So, there really isn't any difference, in my case at least. Redcat isn't really known for consistency, though. So who knows.

Martin

V3 diff case not exactly the same as the V2, they sits 2mm lower, I had to shorten the rear post a little to fit the rear diff plate.Here a pic that explain better:

V3 gearbox.jpg

/monthly_2010_07/583c605e0d0dd_V3gearbox.jpg.ab7c043dad5e8132ffcc33cd083bed5a.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts