• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Changes Made From V2 to V3

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
I want to apologize for all delays in regards to this information but it was important that we had all information as close to correct as possible before posting the changes.

Here is the list of differences.

1/5 scale Rampage MT/TT Mods list

1. Front and rear bumpers are now fitted using nuts and bolts instead of screws

2. Lower front suspension arms are now made of Nylon PA66 Material. They are now stronger than before.

3. Shock Shafts diameter / thickness modified from Ø4 (before) to Ø5 (now)

4. Front and Rear Diff shell and drive cup pins holes size changed to Ø3.5. Before it was Ø3.

5. Front and Rear Diff drive cup / Joint cup material has changed to make them stronger.

6. Front and rear diff gears 16T use small pins. Pins are modified from Ø3x20mm (before) to Ø3.5x18mm (Now)

7. Front Suspension is using Universal joints to wheels. Before it was a normal dog bone

8. Front Universal joint / dog bone pin is now made of better material, its stronger and is fixed with a hex screw on the front that is tightened with Loctite at factory (It is still best to check this after receiving vehicle to make 100% sure)

9. Steering servos have changed and quality should be better.

10. Brake mount is made of steel instead of aluminum.

11. Clutch bell now has 8 holes for cooling.

12. Main gear mount is now made of special stronger plastic.

13. Main Gears are all made of special new white and strong material / plastic

14. Improved aluminum in some areas.

15. Shock springs are a bit thinner now, but made of new material. They are stronger but a bit softer. Diameter Ø2.5 (before) Ø2.3 (now)

16. 26cc HY engine instead of 23 CY engine on MT and TT. Pro uses 30cc HY instead of 28cc CY.

17. 2.4GHz Radio is stock on all Rampages now.

Many of the new parts will NOT work on Version 1 or 2 of Rampages. We have started to list the new parts on our website for V3's and we will be adding more compatibility soon on if the new parts will work on V1 or V2.

Darin

hamster huey

Stop, youre being modest. Theres more than that! I cant emphasize how blown away I am with my v3 Im building. Everyone who bought a v3 but never had a v1 or v2: YOU don't KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE! I started with a v1 and the other Ramp in my garage is a v1 with the v2 upgrades. These v3s are awesome! I got it yesterday so I started on my new build today. It seems to me to have the important v2 features (gearplate, chassis brace, thick chassis brace posts, vented bell). The MT body seems more flexible but it may just be me. It is a highly improved v2 for sure. Here is the list of differences I had for the v3:

1. Dual servo steering installed

2. CY 26cc/walbro 668 but marketed as HY

3. Heat sink th/br servo

4. 5mm shock shafts

5. Vented clutch bell

6. Slightly looser fuel tank vent

7. Droop chassis (no more modding shocks or arms!)

8. White gears

9. Screws w/nuts through the bumper skids

10. 2.4 ghz

11. Knurled wheel nuts

12. New version D shaft

13. Walbro style fuel clunk

14. Perfect length center bones

15. Perfect length wheel cvds

In addtition the following parts look machined and may be a different metal:

1. Front chassis brace (also a slightly different shape)

2. Steering rack connector

3. Rear toe pin holders X2

4. Th/br plate

I hope the v3 dunerunner Im saving for is this nice!

hamster huey

Here are some of the pics I took for youse:

100_1318.jpg

100_1314.jpg

100_1310.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1304.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/100_1318.jpg.e1eeed8839ccbef42a3d9fd21ed8ddff.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/100_1314.jpg.9181ffb23abfc0bdde24a7f6b772b5a6.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/100_1310.jpg.f18d22a3e853bc7f4304877ed8d744c9.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/100_1305.jpg.2a421effa67e277da0eed84b9bcc0ffb.jpg

/monthly_2010_04/100_1304.jpg.5c8079c4954f42c9540172638a1c9b85.jpg

jigawatt

Damn... some of the V3 upgrades are strictly for V3 :( ... Bring on the list! I've got a V1 that I'd like to bring up to date.

Toyonka

seems like you're better off selling your V1 and getting the V3. Hey, I'm in the same boat....I've got a V1 and am starting to worry if the V1 parts will still be available? :(

csp1971

Contributor
What does this mean Huey?

7. Droop chassis (no more modding shocks or arms!)

RampageHopUps

Toyonka said:
seems like you're better off selling your V1 and getting the V3. Hey, I'm in the same boat....I've got a V1 and am starting to worry if the V1 parts will still be available? :(
There are plenty of V1 parts available. I will be fooling around with one tonight to see what can be interchanged.

RampageHopUps

It looks like most of the V3 parts can be used on any of the V1 or V2.

1) The arms are interchangeable for sure. Looks like better material, and has the droop reduction tab built in.

2) The diffs will be the hard part to keep track of. Pin sizes, etc.

3) Gears, and gear plates and CVDs are interchangeable. They now have set scre3ws holding the pins in.

4) The V3 chassis has most of the changes, but it can be used in place of the V1 and V2 chassis.

The V3 parts will be in stock in a few weeks. We will start adding them to the sites when they arrive.

Martin

I only see it in photo, but it seems the V3 chassis do not have the large square hole at both end where the differential case is bolted to align it, if someone buy this frame for a V1 or a V2, I think he also need to buy 2 diff case.

krashkrieg

Contributor
RampageHopUps said:
The arms are interchangeable for sure. Looks like better material, and has the droop reduction tab built in.
Do you know if the AL arms that come with the V3 Pro have the Droop Reduc Tab?

Edit: Doesn't look like it from the pics on their site...Still not sure if want Pro ver or not...LHS has the Pro coming early next week, but I would have to wait till first wk in May for the regular version.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

They wouldn't have updated the PRO pics just for that. I'm not sure what the PRO has for droop. I just sold the last one I had, so I can;t look either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts