• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

CF Battery holder

BoukeG

Today I've been working on a Carbon Fiber battery holder. I wanted to have more options then the current battery holder since every lipo has it's own size. So I came up with this:

I'm using a 3mm carbon fiber plate. Width is 75mm and length 230mm. I rounded the corners and made sure there are no sharp edges.

Using 8 distance holders of 10mm x M4, I made sure there is room for the humps on the side guard (where the screw go in). This also allows me to customize the dimensions of the batteryholder to get a snug fit for the lipo.

And here is a picture with the side guard installed.

I'm very happy with the end result. To do: drill holes to match the lipo size and decide on which part I'm going to use. And I still need to do the other side...

bigfol

Looks awesome man, where did you find the spaces? Also where are you getting your 3mm carbon plate from? HK only supply 2.5mm, I can buy larger sheets here on line at 20 times the price, I could just make some, but prep-work takes up so much time......

Kaz the Minotaur

Nice. How are you going to secure the batteries to the CF plate?

My design is similiar. The only thing I don't like about mine is that it is too close to the motor mount screws.

Kaz the Minotaur

It is close enough to the lower motor mount bolt that it isn't convienent to un screw it. It takes a while to screw it in because I can't turn the wrench very far.

G

BoukeG said:
Today I've been working on a Carbon Fiber battery holder. I wanted to have more options then the current battery holder since every lipo has it's own size. So I came up with this:

I'm using a 3mm carbon fiber plate. Width is 75mm and length 230mm. I rounded the corners and made sure there are no sharp edges.

Using 8 distance holders of 10mm x M4, I made sure there is room for the humps on the side guard (where the screw go in). This also allows me to customize the dimensions of the batteryholder to get a snug fit for the lipo.

I'm very happy with the end result. To do: drill holes to match the lipo size and decide on which part I'm going to use. And I still need to do the other side...
Very nice. That looks awesome, and I am sure it will work as good as it looks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts