• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Center Differential Mount Upgrade

ChuenouXiao

I'm thinking about upgrading my Center Differential Mount (part #07129) because I think it will be the next thing to fail on me. I think due to the heat, my stock center differential mount is melting on the corner. It works fine for now... but I think it will be the next thing to fail. My question is.... should I get the MT version for larger bearing (if it has larger bearing)? Or should I stick with a hop up version of the XB differential mount?

DemonRC

I never had a problem with the lifespan on the 19mm center bearings, however, I did notice that they wobbled around in the bearing slot. The aluminum upgrade should fix that issue.

You could upgrade to the MT/TT center mounts for the larger bearing but I'm not too sure that they will fit. You will notice that the MT/TT center plates have a step in them where they lower down to mount to the gear plate. On the XT/XB everything is at the same height. Be sure to double check this before you buy.

ChuenouXiao

DemonRC said:
I never had a problem with the lifespan on the 19mm center bearings, however, I did notice that they wobbled around in the bearing slot. The aluminum upgrade should fix that issue. You could upgrade to the MT/TT center mounts for the larger bearing but I'm not too sure that they will fit. You will notice that the MT/TT center plates have a step in them where they lower down to mount to the gear plate. On the XT/XB everything is at the same height. Be sure to double check this before you buy.
Probably go with aluminum XB upgrade :D Thank you so much Demon for chiming in.....

krashkrieg

Contributor
On my MT the AL center diff carriers are one of the few AL upgrades I did....

I believe in addition to heat factor, the stock ones can flex under stress...

Everyone should upgrade the stock front chassis brace to AL,

The plastic one can be bent quite a bit with your hands (that's not much bracing...lol)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts