• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carbonfiber chassis..

fastlane

Team Driver
That would be bada$$ Yeah It would look good and be super light. But would it hold up? I think just making shock towers and steering plate rear plate throttle servo top mount would be sweet. And yeah I'd pay $100 for a chassis who wouldn't. It's $279 for a 12"x30" piece wow yeah I'd buy one for $100 bucks too. That's for the 5mm thick the 4mm ain't much cheaper

Last edited by a moderator:

rob142sti

fastlane said:
That would be bada$$ Yeah It would look good and be super light. But would it hold up? I think just making shock towers and steering plate rear plate throttle servo top mount would be sweet. And yeah I'd pay $100 for a chassis who wouldn't. It's $279 for a 12"x30" piece wow yeah I'd buy one for $100 bucks too. That's for the 5mm thick the 4mm ain't much cheaper
it said CF is much stronger than steel or aluminium or something.. how thick is the stck chassis would you say?

DemonRC

Talk to Wes Brown at Out Front Frames.

www.outfrontframes.com

You won't get away with $100 though. The materials alone will run over $200.

fastlane

Team Driver
Yes sir that's what I'm talkin about. It be a bad dude no doubt but an expensive bad dude. Good luck and if you go through with it let us see that puppy.

rob142sti

im trying to get the weight of this thing down.. theres no reason that the TT should weigh in at 35+ lbs..

so we are all in agreement that the chassis is the culprit that adds the most wieght to the Rampage besides the motor.. does anyone know how much the motors weigh on there own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts