• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

carb issues

tha nemesis

should carb be closed before i try to start it .. i cant seem to get this to run right .. i put in all new gaskets and everything .. i think my linkage to the carb may be open just a little .. my carb is a walbro wt-207 and has the accelerator pump in it .. low speed needle set to 1.2 to 1.5 turns out ... high speed it 1.5 to 1.7 out ... plus looks good , not wet .. what am i doing wrong .. also i think im going to get a turtle racing pull start or a roto start ... this stock pull start is garbage

tha nemesis

i did to the brakes and and made the crisscross on the rods like in the photo you showed me .. i never got it to run 100 percent .. it would run then i had the gasket issue , then the brake issue .. now the issue of it not running

TheCount

For carbs with an accelerator pump, i'm pretty sure the needle settings are leaner than other carbs, there's a good OBR vid on the different needle settings on diff carbs somewhere in the forum.

tha nemesis

i think i might have my carb choke closed when i should have it a lil open .. i even zeroed the servos out before i set up the brakes and throttle .. i just cant seem to get it to fire up on the first 5 to 7 pulls .. hell i cant get it to start in the 2 hours i spent trying to get it to start .. and the packers lost ... happy day ..lol

alfred e numan

If you have cranked on it that long, there must be 1/2 cup of gas puddled in the bottom of the motor. It will never start. You have to remove the spark plug, open the throttle wide open, put the car somewhere warm-hot would be better and let the gas evaporate.

andyken

You can also remove the plug, turn it upside down and pull the starter a few times to clear it out.

G

You can plug the intake with your thumb or put a plastic bag over the filter.

andyken

My 990 gave my problems at start up, now 4-5 slow pulls and then another 5-10 normal it starts.

I was using a squirt of starting fluid....might go back that way now it's getting cold out.

alfred e numan

andyken said:
You can also remove the plug, turn it upside down and pull the starter a few times to clear it out.
I had to do that a few times with dirt bikes. One time i endoed a Penton six day 125 - in 6th gear into a large irrigation canal-- it was about 8 to 9 feet deep- 30 foot wide. hit the center- it was the softest crash ever!! We call flipping the bike upside down remove the plug- put the bike in 3 or 4th gear- thin spinning the rear tire by hand- China waterwheel-- lol!!

G

Did you get her run'n?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts