• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Carb for the mt

fishface5

My stock carb is difficult to get to the proper adjustment and stay there. Is there a better carb out there for these engines?

Ebb75

Yup the 813 is great or the990.

ProStangRacing

I know you guys like to run chokless carbs, but I gotta say the Walbro WT997 is a good all around carb aswell. I like the choke personally.

G

I don't think anyone prefers no choke. It the performance gain that comes from the removal of the choke. Just a trade off.

RampageShop

Isn't a Walbro 668 a good stock replacement carb too?

Dreggsta

good question rob. hopefully someone will answer that. i thought i read that the stock carb is a 668 copy??? so much info so little brain hahaha

G

It is a good carb.

You won't see any performance gains over the stock though. It still has the slight lag when you punch the throttle. The only advantage to the 668 over stock is it will hold its tune better. The factory carbs can be hit or miss. Some run very well, while others tend to be troublesome. The carb that comes on our HY is a clone of the 668.

ProStangRacing

The wt668 has more fuel supply than the stock redcat carb. That's why I upgraded to the wt997 which is just the newer version of the wt668. I had the high end needle completely backed out on my stock carb and it was still starving for fuel after I upgraded to the jetpro. Now with the 997 I don't have to run the high end adjustment maxed out because of the larger jetting of carb and gained ALOT of higher rpm and power. Unless my stock carb was not flowing correctly which is possible as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Sounds like you had a bad carb. When I upgraded to the 990 the only difference I noticed was the lag from the low needle to high needle was gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts